[SOLVED] Advice needed for replacing some PC desktop parts

Aug 4, 2020
Hello,

I want to replace some desktop components (GPU or CPU-motherboard-DDR-GPU).

My desktop is running slow. Having resetted my desktop to see if any virus or programs in the background are the cause which it is not.
By opening my internet browser only, my CPU I can see that my CPU usage is at a 100% from my task manager.

What I know about my desktop:
  • CPU Intel Celeron J3060 with 2 cores and 1.6 GHz with 'integrated graphics' so I do not have a GPU.
  • DDR3 4GB RAM memory
  • HDD storage
Possible solutions I have.
  • Someone adviced me getting a GPU that should help my PC running much better and my CPU will not have to do 2 tasks at once having 'integrated graphics'
  • Getting a new CPU-DDR4 memory-motherboard and GPU because my current CPU is not strong enough to run and my other pc components such as my power, vents need to be compatible.
What can I do?
Thank you,

Solution
I use CAD programs for drawing and for games such as CSGO.
CAD will definitely benefit from a graphics card. It will also benefit from more memory. 4GB is a bare minimum any more.
The problem may be that your CPU is likely soldered in.
Your CPU doesn't have enough PCIe to support a proper graphics card.
You have a low power, "embedded" CPU/motherboard. So there is limited expansion capacity.
You would be MUCH better off replacing everything with a new Ryzen 3200G with 16GB RAM.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I want to replace some desktop components (GPU or CPU-motherboard-DDR-GPU).

My desktop is running slow. Having resetted my desktop to see if any virus or programs in the background are the cause which it is not.
By opening my internet browser only, my CPU I can see that my CPU usage is at a 100% from my task manager.

What I know about my desktop:
  • CPU Intel Celeron J3060 with 2 cores and 1.6 GHz with 'integrated graphics' so I do not have a GPU.
  • DDR3 4GB RAM memory
  • HDD storage
Possible solutions I have.
  • Someone adviced me getting a GPU that should help my PC running much better and my CPU will not have to do 2 tasks at once having 'integrated graphics'
  • Getting a new CPU-DDR4 memory-motherboard and GPU because my current CPU is not strong enough to run and my other pc components such as my power, vents need to be compatible.
What can I do?
Thank you,
What do you do with this PC? Web surfing? Gaming? If so what games? Software dev? Streaming media?

kanewolf

Titan
I use CAD programs for drawing and for games such as CSGO.
CAD will definitely benefit from a graphics card. It will also benefit from more memory. 4GB is a bare minimum any more.
The problem may be that your CPU is likely soldered in.
Your CPU doesn't have enough PCIe to support a proper graphics card.
You have a low power, "embedded" CPU/motherboard. So there is limited expansion capacity.
You would be MUCH better off replacing everything with a new Ryzen 3200G with 16GB RAM.

Solution