realypk

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Building a new system top of the line for friend. He wants it water cooled and doesnt want to spend a fortune on the water cooling system. He knows it'll cost a pretty penny but none of these crazy nitro setup suggestions please just somthing that'll work well

I need advice as to what kind of liquid cooling parts I'll need to liquid cool the cpu, mobo, memory and video cards. I also have a case thats well designed for it I think seeing as it even has a hole on top for refilling liquid resevour.

Ok here's what were planning on building parts wise:

Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower
EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED 3-way sli
Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 480's
6x Mushkin Enhanced Redline 2GB DDR3
2x SSD's in raid

Basically I've never done liquid cooling set ups and need advice on what parts I'll need to get the whole thing done, blocks pumps, resevoirs tubing and all. Also somthing that would fit the case well would be great. Any suggestions to a liquid cooling noob would be great. This system will be overclocked and pushed to the limit so it does need to be quality but again no insane prices on parts please

I also see the aquagate max which seems like a nice setup and supposedly fits the case very well seeing as it's made by the company ;)

Would the aquagate max do a good job cooling both cpu and video cards oc'd? Would it even be able to handle the ram?

Thanks for your advice!
Best answer will be rewarded with a best answer! Thanks again!

Oh and price under 500 would be nice

Solution
you say we should go with the 930 water cooled and oc'd, dont you think that that 600-800$ would be better spent on upgrading the 930 to an 980 and just ocing it on air?
No, because both of those chips max out at about the same speed in air cooling.
First read: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercooling-read-first

Are you planning to cool the GPUs and/or the CPU?

Also, is the GTX480s bought or not? If not, is the person getting some thing that comes with a FC GPU block like this: http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=015-P3-1489-AR&family=GeForce%20400%20Series%20Family

I believe it would be cheaper to get the EVGA Hydro cards instead of buying the blocks separately.

The CPU loop in it self will be ~$250-270 for the top end.

edit:
The Aquage, H50,Bigwater,etc are cr@p. Also, there is NO NEED to cool the RAM, NB,HDDs,etc. There is also NO NEED for a $1000+ CPU, get a i7 930 and OC it to 4Ghz.

realypk

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Gotcha well the 480's are not bought yet. Do you suggest that we go with the waterblocked version instead of modding non waterblocked 480's?

As for aquagate advice thanks didnt know they are crap :)

realypk

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Good deal ;)

So I've seen the mobo coolers that cool the north south and the mofos all in one from EK are those any good, is it worth doing for ocing? Or is the mobo temp not all that critical?

Now having looked at it I'll probably spend 600-800$ for a good WC'd setup... you say we should go with the 930 water cooled and oc'd, dont you think that that 600-800$ would be better spent on upgrading the 930 to an 980 and just ocing it on air? Or do you think the performance of an oc'd 930 watercooled would beat the performance of a 980 oc'd on air?

Thanks for all the advice buddy!