[SOLVED] Advice needed with build on power connections to motherboard

Apr 21, 2020
Hi all.
I have the following components :
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI HERO
CPU - Ryzen 7 1800x or possibly a Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler - Fractal Design Celsius S36, 360mm All-In-One Hydro Cooler CPU Cooler, 3x 120mm P
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Blower, 11GB GDDR5X Graphics Card 11G-P4-5390-KR
RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8) DDR4 3600Mhz
PSU - 750W EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, Full Modular 80 PLUS Gold, SLI/CrossFire Single Rail
Primary HD - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (MZ76E1T0EU) Solid State Drive SSD
Secondary HD - Seagate 2TB 3.5" Internal Hard Disk Drive SATA III
Case - Cooler Master, Mastercase MC600P ( inc 3 x 120 internal fans )
OS - Windows 10 64Bit

I am in the process of being built and I have hit a stumbling block with the power connections from the PSU to the motherboard. The board manual says the following:

" Do not forget to connect the 4-pin/8-pin EATX12 V power plug. Otherwise, the system will not boot" but later in the manual it says " DO NOT connect the 4-pin power plug only, the motherboard may overheat under heavy usage. Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or connect both the 8-pin and 4-pin power plugs"

looking at the provided drawing in the manual It seems as if they are giving conflicting instructions as I read it, could just be me of course but I don't want to screw things up at this stage
Do I connect two separate cables from the PSU to fill both the 4 pin and the 8 pin sockets or just the 8 pin socket???

Sorry if I seem a bit dense but the seed of doubt has been sown!!!

Thanks guys