[SOLVED] Advice new gaming rig

Provin915

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am looking for advice for my new, upcoming build!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooling: Wraith prism (stock)
Mobo: AsRock X570 Steel Legend
GPU: PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16 GB 3200Mhz
SSD: Intel 660p 1TB M.2-2280
Case: NZXT H500i
PSU: Corsair 750W Rmx White (2018)

I read that overclocking is not necessary for the new Ryzen CPUs, hence I do not need an aftermarket CPU cooler. Also, I read that the wraith prism is actually great and RGB ofcourse!

Now, I stumble upon the MOBO as I do not have much knowledge about this. I understand that the X570 brings new features and it is great for future upgrading. Like to hear your opinions!

I am definitely getting the new 5700XT. Not sure which manufacturer; I am basically waiting on the release of the new cards. The MSI Mech is aesthetically pleasing. XFX Thicc looks great too! However, most people recommend Sapphire, so it will be a choice between those three imo.

I know the PSU is overkill. I went with this because, I am going for a ''white build with RGB''. I looked at 550W PSUs and the custom white cable mods, but the price in total would be higher than just buying the 750W PSU. Also, I prefer Corsair.

Case, RAM & SSD are my definite choices.

So, there we have it. I am thinking about buying everything at the end of August (waiting on GPU mostly).

Definitely need the most advice on the MOBO (budget ~200 EUR).

Cheers!

Edit: game on 144hz 1440p monitor
Edit 2: replaced GPU

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019
The motherboard you selected is good (i read some reviews)

Another option could be Asus Tuf x570 (my favorite)

On the other hand, 3600mhz ram should boost your system with a few extra fps, although it could be pricey if you want a white pack.

Provin915

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2015
The motherboard you selected is good (i read some reviews)

Another option could be Asus Tuf x570 (my favorite)

On the other hand, 3600mhz ram should boost your system with a few extra fps, although it could be pricey if you want a white pack.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the white pack 3600Mhz (150EUR) costs more, whereas the black pack 3600Mhz (102 EUR) costs similar to the white pack 3200Mhz (102 EUR) which I chose.

How much is a few extra FPS? Personally, if it is less than 5 then I will not bother with it :p

Edit: added prices