Advice on 2k QHD or 4k UHD Monitor

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Hello all,

I am a gamer at heart, Im looking at 2k QHD 1440p or 4K UDH 2160p for gaming. Looking for a monitor that between 28"-30", Price range between 400-500$

I am upgrading my Video card from a 570gtx to probably a single VC solution 980gtx or maybe even 2 980's.

Any suggestions why i would want 1440p or 2160p or vice versa?

Thanks

Solution
Two 980s will push 4k with decent settings. You won't be able to max out everything, but that's just a consideration. If you go 4K, you'll have the monitor already purchased for when you next upgrade your video cards in a few years. At the same time, there will be better 4K monitor options at that point as well.

I'd save the money now and get a nice 1440p monitor with a single 980. The quality of monitor will be better, and you'll save money on the video cards for now. You might then have some extra cash in a year or two when quality 4K monitors are available for a reasonable price. The 4K monitors in the $500 range are not very good and will strain your eyes pretty quickly.

Eggz

Distinguished
Two 980s will push 4k with decent settings. You won't be able to max out everything, but that's just a consideration. If you go 4K, you'll have the monitor already purchased for when you next upgrade your video cards in a few years. At the same time, there will be better 4K monitor options at that point as well.

I'd save the money now and get a nice 1440p monitor with a single 980. The quality of monitor will be better, and you'll save money on the video cards for now. You might then have some extra cash in a year or two when quality 4K monitors are available for a reasonable price. The 4K monitors in the $500 range are not very good and will strain your eyes pretty quickly.

Solution