[SOLVED] Advice on a new computer build (components listed)

May 7, 2021
Ordering from here https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Master-9500 Won't be overclocking, are all the components compatible and the RAM is appropriate for the motherboard? I have been reading that 360mm cooling is needed for Ryzen 5900X (or is 240mm ok?). How is the case that I chose.

Gaming Chassis: Corsair Carbide 275R TG Black ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case with Full Side Tempered Glass Window

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe RAM / System Memory: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)

Video Card: [Extra 4 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Power Supply: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMx RM1000X 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k (Single Drive)

Solution
Any reason for the super expensive NVMe drive? Or 12 core CPU? If you are only gaming then getting something like the 5800X would be more sensible, but the 5600X is more than enough. Tops all the gaming charts at 4.8Ghz.

As for the SSD, you aren't going to see massive gains from PCIe 4.0, that is really for high volume storage movement and Pro drives are built for endurance. You could easily save a lot by going with a PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive like the Samsung 970 Evo Plus. It will get you 95% the same user experience.

3600Mhz memory would be better for Ryzen 5000.

Chassis is a little closed off in the front, but not too bad, at least it has some vents on the side and below.

You don't NEED liquid cooling for that processor, or any of the...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Any reason for the super expensive NVMe drive? Or 12 core CPU? If you are only gaming then getting something like the 5800X would be more sensible, but the 5600X is more than enough. Tops all the gaming charts at 4.8Ghz.

As for the SSD, you aren't going to see massive gains from PCIe 4.0, that is really for high volume storage movement and Pro drives are built for endurance. You could easily save a lot by going with a PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive like the Samsung 970 Evo Plus. It will get you 95% the same user experience.

3600Mhz memory would be better for Ryzen 5000.

Chassis is a little closed off in the front, but not too bad, at least it has some vents on the side and below.

You don't NEED liquid cooling for that processor, or any of the others listed, but 240mm would also be fine. Cooler it is the more it will boost to higher speeds. Easier for them to ship, so they like the liquid coolers. You could order it with the stock cooler and replace it later with a large air cooler, some of the high end ones can compete comfortably with 240mm AIO.

If they list the options, then it is compatible, they aren

Solution
Ordering from here https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Master-9500 Won't be overclocking, are all the components compatible and the RAM is appropriate for the motherboard? I have been reading that 360mm cooling is needed for Ryzen 5900X (or is 240mm ok?). How is the case that I chose.

Gaming Chassis: Corsair Carbide 275R TG Black ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case with Full Side Tempered Glass Window

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe RAM / System Memory: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)

Video Card: [Extra 4 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Power Supply: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMx RM1000X 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k (Single Drive)
Just curious but what is your monitor resolution?

Ferimer

Distinguished

What are your intentions with this build? Gmaes are becoming less and less dependent on CPUs and more and more on GPUS. Take into consideration what your plans on for this and go from there. Problems with AiO is that if it leaks and damages all your components they wont refund you anything. Air cooling would be a lot better considering you aren't doing any overclocking you wouldn't need the AiO . Also going overkill on that PSU could drop that down to an 850W platinum better efficiency for possibly the same price

May 7, 2021
Hi, thank advice. So it's important to have a case that's open on the front with fans?
Samsung 970 Evo plus is $62USD cheaper, so you're saying its worth it to save as it has 95% performance?

The website I'm using offers 2X 16GB 3200 RAM or 4 x 8GB 3600MHz Ram? Are you saying I should use the latter?

Thanks again.

May 7, 2021
Hi, this build is mostly for gaming. I tend to buy components just under the best available because I managed to make my last gaming computer useable for 12 years (just replaced GPU and now the SSD broke).

So are you saying 750W or 850W will be fine for Geforce 3080? Or is it safer to use 1000W power supply (maybe in case the GPU breaks and needs replacement in the future), I don't mind spending like $30-50USD on a higher supply.

In doing some reading, I found a lot of people saying that 240mm+ AIO cooling was necessary for Ryzen 5900X and Geforce 3080? Is this not correct? You're saying that air cooling is fine?

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi, this build is mostly for gaming. I tend to buy components just under the best available because I managed to make my last gaming computer useable for 12 years (just replaced GPU and now the SSD broke).

So are you saying 750W or 850W will be fine for Geforce 3080? Or is it safer to use 1000W power supply (maybe in case the GPU breaks and needs replacement in the future), I don't mind spending like $30-50USD on a higher supply.

In doing some reading, I found a lot of people saying that 240mm+ AIO cooling was necessary for Ryzen 5900X and Geforce 3080? Is this not correct? You're saying that air cooling is fine?
You have 0 desire to overclock? Also that is for when creating a Loop. What you are buying is not for a loop setup. Furthermore the TM for Ryzen is 95 degrees. No overclocking i doubt you see that. Add a Mesh panel to the front of your case, get 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust and you will have some nice air flow. 750W is the recommended but there is no way that its going to draw that much power with all components installed but having 850W platinum couldn't hurt. 1000W is overkill. Even with SSD more people like to buy more than one. One for OS and another for storage. So maybe get a 256GB SSD for the OS and then another for Primary Storage. By separating the two you make sure that your OS is always running at its potentially highest speed.