Question Advice on a printer/printers

Feb 20, 2020
Am looking for a printer that I can scan documents for later printing, printing of normal documents as well as being about to scan images for me enlarged and then printed off.

I would prefer to stay away from HP printers as I would like to have individual ink cartridges.

The following printer is what I have been looking at but as am unsure if it will do the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Expr...ywords=wireless+printer&qid=1580854930&sr=8-9

Any help would be appreciated.

There are many HP products with individual color cartridges. I have an 8600 series that would most likely meet your needs. It's a little more expensive, but has a sheet feeder for scanning or copying. I also buy generic(non-HP) ink for about a quarter the cost of HP ink

exploradorgt

Commendable
Feb 20, 2020
I second @ss202sl on the HP 8600.

I've had all brands of inkjet printers and diff models, I now HP can be difficult sometimes but the HP 8600 is by far one of the best printers I've had. You can buy an extra set of cartridges and proceed with refilling as long as you switch them when they tell you they are empty, this is well documented on the web and modifying the printhead is quite easy, this means cheap ink forever.

Another great option are Brother printers, I've had nothing but great experiences with the brand.

Straight to what you describe on the original post: the 8600 has ADF for scanning and it happens to be DUPLEX, one of the few models allowing duplex scanning, this means you can leave your set of paper for double scanning automatic. I don't know about Brother printers with this feature, all the models I've had are only one side scanners (ADF) but they work great. In both cases you can scan to PC, via USB, wireless, scan to USB, to memory card, etc.

Epson? great but it's not cheap, and in the long run... not cheap at all compared to the other options in my opinion. I moved away from Epson. Besides the speed I've found on the HP 8600 for printing is unbeatable.

Apr 29, 2020
Am looking for a printer that I can scan documents for later printing, printing of normal documents as well as being about to scan images for me enlarged and then printed off.

I would prefer to stay away from HP printers as I would like to have individual ink cartridges.

The following printer is what I have been looking at but as am unsure if it will do the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Expr...ywords=wireless+printer&qid=1580854930&sr=8-9

Any help would be appreciated.
Also Check out the Epson l3110 Printer

jaydean

Reputable
Oct 8, 2016
Hi there. Personally I would look at any of the latest Canon Pixma range of printers. Only go for ones that use individual inks. These work great with generic inks and Canon NEVER update the firmware to block generic cartridges like the other manufacturers do. Avoid Epson as the piezo printhead is a nightmare and it clogs super easy.

TRENDING THREADS