Advice on better graphics card.

G

Ive been trying to decided to either get a gtx 580 or gtx 480, I want a graphics card that will last for longer with the newer game that are coming out and can play on hopfefully maxed graphics for the games we have now. I do not want a over priced gaphics card like gtx 590 it needs to cost lower than £500

G

no not rly just the only ones I know that are good, I heard that Radeon 7970 is good but its quiet hight price, if its good for the money I might buy it tho.

Well if you would like a card that is actually a good deal for the money this is what I would recommend;
http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-560-ti-448-cores-732mhz-1280mb-pci-express-hdmi-7V8G.html

Its performance is right in line with the old GTX 480 but it is a newer card with a significantly improved power/heat profile. It also overclocks quite well. Above that card the price/performance really goes down a large amount. For example the GTX 580 and the HD7950 have a similar performance and price. They are both 15-20% faster than the card linked above at 1080p but they cost about 60% more.

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

+1 you could get two of those 560 ti's and sli them and WAY out preform the 580 for around the same price if not cheaper