Question Advice on build compatibility :)

Mar 15, 2022
Hello, I've spent time recently configuring a high-budget build and I'm really excited about it, I'm not really looking for comments on how I spent my money or whether it is overkill or poor value or anything, I simply hope someone can advise me on whether these parts should fit and work well together, regardless of whether people think this is a good purchase idea lol. I'm new to building myself, rather I've had people build for me in the past. I'm really excited to dive in, however before I pull the trigger I want to know if everything will work which seems to me like an insurmountable task. The website says it's likely compatible but raises a few concerns in the notes that frankly I don't really understand. I'd appreciate any advice in terms of compatibility. My budget is approximately 3,500 but I can probably stretch to around 3550-3575 or so, so please make any potential suggestions accordingly. I'm mostly worried about physical dimensions, sufficient cooling and the memory voltage issue, I hope someone can help me out, I'd genuinely really appreciate it so I can get going!! :)

Part list

The website says it's likely compatible but raises a few concerns in the notes that frankly I don't really understand. ...............................I'm mostly worried about physical dimensions, sufficient cooling and the memory voltage issue, I hope someone can help me out, I'd genuinely really appreciate it so I can get going!! :)

Part list

What concerns were raised by the notes?

What memory voltage "issue"?

Offhand.................for a high budget machine, I'm wondering why only 1 hard drive of any type?

Reactions: Tixelpip
Mar 15, 2022
What concerns were raised by the notes?

What memory voltage "issue"?

Offhand.................for a high budget machine, I'm wondering why only 1 hard drive of any type?
Ah my apologies, I was under the impression it would say those warnings for everyone. I'll copy and paste that here:

• Note:The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard.
  • Note:The G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory operating voltage of 1.45 V exceeds the Intel Alder Lake CPU recommended maximum of 1350 mv+5% (1417.5 mv). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1350 mv voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

Also, in terms of the drives, I already have multiple older (albeit slower) drives from my previous PC which I intend to continue using as extra storage, so that's why I've simply focused on getting a very fast SSD as a boot drive (with the main games that can take advantage of it) of reasonable capacity to use as my main drive, while continuing to use the others for extra storage. :)