Question Advice on building w/ X470 Taichi Ultimate

Mar 24, 2020
I have a X470 Taichi Ultimate MOBO that I am using for a build. What I would like to ask is if anyone has any suggestions for an optimal GPU's,optimal memory and optimal and reliable SSD/s/. I have looked at Asrock QVP's and PCpartPicker but QVP (maybe not current) and PCparts (far too many to sort through on any one item. I thought I would ask here hoping that someone might have experience with or knows enough about this particular mobo. I have 32gb of (2x16) Corsair Vengeance LPX at 3200MHZ. The logos show it working with Intel CPU's (I7 up), so I think I will have to get rid of those and get something like 2433 Mhz (or2666)for AMD as I do not think anything faster will work well. Someone suggested before that these would work if I did something w/ the XMP settings, soI am open on this. I DO NOT do gaming and I have no plans on OC'ing. I already have a new Ryzen 7 2700x CPU as well. I just wanting to know what current knowledge of OPTIMAL components for this mobo (weighing quality, reliability and best performance). I cannot afford the best and fanciest GPU's, so a fairly decent and dependable one, but not a cheapy or too old. On the SSD, reliable, latest that will work w/o issue. I have looked at 500gb and 1tb but realized that I could do 500, but am concerned w/ 4K video editing and large MP photos from my camera and smartphone so I do not want to get a Samsung 970 EVO pro if it is not the best match or is otherwise overkill.

I do some video work (nothing too hardcore- prosumer level (more art oriented shorts preferably in 4K) and creating and editing very large image files are the two biggest things I will be doing with this rig.

I also have a x470 prime pro that I will be asking the same questions for, that mobo is used and so I have more concerns w/ getting things placed on it before I get into the driver installs, etc. I have not yet purchased any parts for this yet and am considering the Ryzen 5 3400G for this one. I can do another and llook for a good GPU.

Thank you and sincerely peace, love and joy this holiday. Tab Davis

ASK THE COMMUNITY