Question Advice on buying first gaming PC ?

Nov 19, 2022
Hi complete noob here looking to buy a first gaming PC for my son. He already has a 1080p monitor and he's not looking to upgrade it to 4k or anything- the budget is £700 or can stretch to £750 if anyone can recommend where I can get a decent prebuilt system that would be great thanks

Get it built by a store or professional for a nominal fee. Should be way better than a prebuilt...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor | £135.59 @ NeoComputers
Motherboard | Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard | £78.48 @ Ebuyer
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory | £55.48 @ Amazon UK
Storage | Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive | £52.99 @ Amazon UK
Video Card | EVGA SC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Video Card | £264.99 @ AWD-IT
Case | Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case | £59.26 @ Box Limited
Power Supply | Corsair CX650M (2021) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | £49.99 @ Scan.co.uk
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £696.78
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-11-20 08:38 GMT+0000 |

A thought. As a kid building a pc is something I would have really enjoyed doing with my dad. It’s not that hard to build an pc and there are lots of good tutorial videos. The above build is a good one and I know my idea will cost more but with Black Friday next week you can probably beat those prices. Anyway, my idea. If you buy from scan.co.uk they offer an insurance that also covers accidental damage, therefore takes out any financial risk of if you cause any damage while building. It is unlikely you will damage anything if you take your time but it gives peace of mind. I feel it’s very reasonably priced for the level of cover, I can’t say how much as it varies depending on the parts you buy but I’d expect about £25 on a £750 build. As an activity you can do together it might be worth considering.

Reactions: Why_Me
I will say the building with your kid is a good idea. I’m a tech myself and the way I got started was dad upgrading the family pc and I got to help. Maybe only a bit, but it later morphed into us building systems and setting up a multimedia system for our Church. Discovered over the course of things I had a knack for fixing PCs and here I am.

Nov 19, 2022
Here are a few options for pre-built gaming PCs that you may be interested in:
  1. SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer: This PC features a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 500GB SSD. It is available for around £700.
  2. CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC: This PC comes with an Intel Core i5-9400F processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 240GB SSD. It is available for around £700.
  3. MSI Trident 3 9SI-447US Small Form Factor Gaming Desktop: This compact PC has an Intel Core i5-9400F processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 512GB SSD. It is available for around £750.
  4. HP OMEN Obelisk Gaming Desktop: This PC features an Intel Core i5-9400F processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It is available for around £750.
Keep in mind that these prices may vary based on your location and availability. I recommend doing some research and reading reviews to find the best option for your budget and needs.

hi thanks for getting back to me! It’s been a couple of months since posting and we decided to wait a little longer to save up some more. We now have a budget of £900-£1000 if that helps to get him something a lot better

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS