Advice on computer build

Indigoism

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Hello

Im looking to build a highend gaming PC for the first time in my life. I want to stream the games I play and I like to watch stuff on my second screen while in loading or whatever.

What Ive come up with:
Asus Maximum Hero VII
i7 4790k
GTX 970
Corsair 2x 4GB @ 1600 MHZ

I can use my current PSU and case. The PSU is a coolermaster 500-600W cant remember exactly, I'd have to look, but Ive heard even 500W will do the trick.

So what do you think about this build guys? Ill add an SSD to it later when I have some more monies..

I am playing @ 120 hz with lightboost

greets

Indigoism

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Its a 600W coolermaster. I dont have any idea what type it is but I paid around 130 euros for it at the time. Should be good.

BTW, I've ordered the Maximum VII Hero and the i7 4790k.
Will it be ok to use my old 1156 socket DDR3 2x 2GB G.Skill memory? I have to wait a week to upgrade my ram or I can buy a 1x 8GB for the time being.

Indigoism

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Appriciate the fast reply. But, I've bought the PSU around 3 years ago when I did my last custom build, so I am unable to return it.

I believe this might be the one I have:
Cooler Master Silent Pro M600

Anyways, I dont think its going to damage my new computer parts, it might not deliver the desired watts but I think thats about it right?

Great news on the RAM!

Indigoism

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
If the score is near perfect I guess it should do just fine! I suppose thats all I need to know. Tommorow I'll be installing everything in my old case if all goes well! I am excited. Thanks alot for the help its very much appriciated!

Gr

Indigoism

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Hey guys.

Today I recieved my parts and installed everything (I think). It seems to be running pretty gd except that I am still only using the 4GB of ram I had before, Temperatures are fine too.

However, I have a unknown device in my device manager at other devices tab. Is there a way for me to find out what that thing is so I can install the corresponding drivers?