[SOLVED] Advice on fan placement and cable management

Dec 31, 2018
Got a Corsair crystal 570x case (comes with 3 x SP120 RGB fans) and have got 3 additional SP120 fans for additional airflow. My Mobo is a Asus X470 Prime. Currently because I only have 3 chassis fan headers, I am using 3 x 2-way y splitters to provide the 3pin DC controlled power to the fans on the mobos 4 pin headers. My question is two part:

1) I am currently running the front 3 fans for intake, the top 2 fans for intake, and the rear fan for exhaust. My 2700x is using the stock wraith prism cooler, my GPU is a gigabyte RTX 2070 with 3 fans, I have a 4K avermedia capture card, and my PSU is fan down (drawing air from under case. Is this the best way to set my fans up?

2) my fan header splitters are a nasty mustard and ketchup style which is taking away from my build aesthetic, do you guys have any recommendations for nicer splitters? (Preferably white to match my theme) or, a better alternative than using y-splitters? I want the computer to control fan speed as needed for temperature management

Thanks so much!

Solution
Do you really need so many fans?

I am surviving with one front and one rear.

If you are going to connect them, I would use your top and rear for exhaust and keep the front for intake.
Dec 31, 2018

Hey, no I definitely don't need that many, but I want the inside nice and cool, with positive airflow for less dust, and I am using additional fans for a combination of aesthetics as well as quiet performance (more fans at lower speeds instead of less fans at higher speeds).....

With both top fans and the rear fan exhausting, will I have enough air flow?
thanks