Advice on good 17 inch laptop

Jun 3, 2021
Hi All,

I would appreciate advice on a good 17.3inch laptop to buy in the UK or a spec I should be looking at.

I use it mainly for work (excel based) and trading (so there is always a platform running in the background) . A number pad is a must for me.

I currrently have

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable) ( I beleive this is maxed out)

I have one external monitor (23inch) via HDMI and another screen (15inch) via USBC. Ideally I would like the capability to have 4 monitors the same size

I have had it for about nearly 5 years, and I have a issue with the mouse moving to the corner of the screen which I making the computer difficult to use.
(I have disabled the mousepad and touchscreen, tried different mouses, restored the computer, ran updates to no avail)

I am more interested in getting a good machine and performance over aethestics and lightness as I do my work on it.

Thanks in advance for any input !! :)

Jun 3, 2021
It kinda needs to be a laptop, as I would take it when I travel. On a normal day it would be plugged in power though on my desk, so battery is not too important

It kinda needs to be a laptop, as I would take it when I travel. On a normal day it would be plugged in power though on my desk, so battery is not too important

OK, before deciding which laptop to buy, I recommend this article (if you didn't read it), the author wrote it in 2020 bit I found it still useful in 2021.

TRENDING THREADS