Advice on Graphics card Upgrade! Help please.

Steffan McNeil

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I am trying to make a decision on what to upgrade my AMD Radeon R9 280 3g to. I play neverwinter online but there are some places that are a little choppy for me. I was wondering if someone could give me a link to a chart of new graphics cards and there specs or recommend a new card that is better than my current one. If im going to spend the money I want to make sure it's a few steps up from the one i already have. MSI AMD Radeon R9 280 3g I would like to play on highest graphics setting.

Solution
Budget? The new pascal cards are coming out soon and if Nvidia's claims are true they are definitely worth waiting for and will be the best card on the market in terms of price to performance.

Here is a chart based on relative performance of games tested by tech powerup, the R9 280 should be between the GTX 760 and GTX 960:

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Budget? The new pascal cards are coming out soon and if Nvidia's claims are true they are definitely worth waiting for and will be the best card on the market in terms of price to performance.

Here is a chart based on relative performance of games tested by tech powerup, the R9 280 should be between the GTX 760 and GTX 960:

Solution

Either wait to see how good the 1070 really is and get it if it delivers, or, when it comes out, snatch a SH 970 or r9 390, as those should flood the market as people are upgrading.

Thomas_115

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I have upgraded mine to R9 390 STRIX and the performance in unbelievable. I am playing on constant 60 FPS some times more than 60 and all settings are Ultra. I would recommend to go for R9 390 because not sure about this GTX 1070 or 1080 catch :p

TRENDING THREADS