[SOLVED] Advice on graphics card.

May 3, 2020
I just bought a monitor, LG 27GL63T-B.AUS 27 Inch UltraGear paired with Optiplex 790 SFF. I will not be using it as a gaming, video editing or for any heavy graphic intense use. I have narrowed down to 2 cards;
  1. ASUS GeForce GT 710 1GB GDDR5 (GT710-SL-1GD5-BRK) $38 (used)
  2. Asus GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5 (GT710-SL-2GD5-CSM) $ 46 (used)

The main difference between are: 1 vs 2GB, memory interface- 32 vs 64 bit and PCIe X8 vs X16. Will the memory interface and PCIe difference have a noticeable performance impact?
I am open to suggestions but my budget is under $50, unless there is a compelling reason. TIA.

Solution
Thanks. Can you explain why am I not saving money by buying used? Also, could you comment on the bus interface of x8 x16?
These are old low end cards so they were never used for Bitcoin mining for example. Since there is such a small difference in price, buying used doesn't make sense then.

For the interface that won't make any difference with this card, assuming your PC has an x16 slot. The x8 and x16 are all about interface links for the PCIe connection. PCIe 3.0 x8 has 8 PCIe 3 lanes running to it for about 8GB/sec of bandwidth. PCIe 3.0 x16 has 16 lanes PCIe 3 lanes running to it for about 16GB/sec of bandwidth. The GPU you are looking at will not have any issues running on x8 as it doesn't need much bandwidth.
Thanks. Can you explain why am I not saving money by buying used? Also, could you comment on the bus interface of x8 x16?
These are old low end cards so they were never used for Bitcoin mining for example. Since there is such a small difference in price, buying used doesn't make sense then.

For the interface that won't make any difference with this card, assuming your PC has an x16 slot. The x8 and x16 are all about interface links for the PCIe connection. PCIe 3.0 x8 has 8 PCIe 3 lanes running to it for about 8GB/sec of bandwidth. PCIe 3.0 x16 has 16 lanes PCIe 3 lanes running to it for about 16GB/sec of bandwidth. The GPU you are looking at will not have any issues running on x8 as it doesn't need much bandwidth.

Solution
May 3, 2020

Appreciate the explanation. Can you recommend a low profile budget GPU ?

May 3, 2020

EDIT: For those wondering about GDDR3 vs GGDR5- it basically boils down to memory size. https://www.goldfries.com/computing...e-the-difference-with-the-amd-radeon-hd-7750/