Question Advice on iPhone to car aux port connection, cable reccommendations

splunge

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
My wife drives an older vehicle wihtout bluetooth. For the apst few years we've successfully connected an iPhone to the aux port and a charger to USB adapter with a lightning to USB/Aux cable. Lately playback is garbled and stutters. On it's own the phone plays finr, it cahrges with this cable and playing CD's and radio on the car's audio work fine.

Is it likely a phone problemn, a car audio problem or (as I strongly ssupect) a cable problem?

I find straight lightning-USB cables die on us even with reinforced, warranteed cables.

Assuming it's the cable, any reccommendations on reliable, long-lived ones? Same for stupid lightning-USB?

Thanks in advance

splunge

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Thanks Helpstar.
I tried it on a bluetooth speaker that I ahdn't realized had a "line in" and the problem occured, so happily it's the cord. All the options on Amazon are pretty cheap but all getting mediocre reviews. Nothing on NewEgg. Sigh.

How old is the vehicle? If you’re in the USA maybe look at something like this. Of course something like a pioneer or alpine stereo would be better but shows you what’s available on a budget. Of course check fitment and what install kits you’d need but instead of continually buying adapters this might improve sound and be a better option.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-175579-Dual-XRM59BT.html

I definitely get it. But once you’ve replaced that 10 dollar cord say 7 or 8 times you are getting close to the cost. If you are keeping the car long term as well, consider that the sound quality on a new stereo might be a bit better even with factory speakers. I remember when I was younger my dad and I put a pioneer CD player into a Chevy beretta I had, and even with the factory speakers it sounded much better than the factory radio. The bass response, mids and highs seemed to improve quite a bit. Anyway totally your call. They do have some lower end stereos that are only 30 bucks or so. There are other cheaper ones on eBay probably from overseas if you really don’t want to spend much.

Never tried one of these but for example a quick eBay search shows this if I search Bluetooth car stereo and sort low to high buy it now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1755407206...1QoO_yZSxW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Good luck!