[SOLVED] Advice on Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card (Case and Power Supply Covered)

Dragonsbane11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Thank anyone in advance that gives me some tips on this!

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Two to Three months, (Tax return time) I know this makes pricing harder, but I would appreciate the suggestions for the build.

Budget Range: 600-1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, moving to VR, general office work, some light 3d modeling

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Graphics Card, Storage, I have a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKDETOW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W I bought three years ago with my last build, so I expect to get a few more builds from it.

Also my case is good I have a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093W1ERO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Coolermaster Scout 2

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, Amazon.com (but open to others.)

Parts Preferences: AMD preferable, but I am not locked in.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080 is my current, but looking back I have had this monitor for six years, so I would honestly love to get a recommendation on a upgrade with possibly keeping this monitor as a secondary for text messaging surfing etc...

Additional Comments: I do plan on using this PC for some remote play (SteamBox) but other than that my use case is what I stated above.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Honestly my current PC works fine. But since I need to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway, I may as well get some new guts for my system. I have two SSDs (one is three years old, one is less than one, and a regular HD that is three years old, so I hope to reuse some of those with a possible purchase of a new boot drive.

Thank you all again for any assistance you can throw my way.

Dragonsbane11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
What are the capacities of the SSDs and HDDs?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DwBKhg Here's a list you can use if you reuse your drives. It also includes a full priced copy of windows.

Thanks for the reply, they are as follows. So at the oldest we are looking at 2016.

WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5"

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5 Inch /7mm, Up to 535 MB/s - SDSSDA-480G-G26 (Newest)

Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500gb

extreme_noob

Commendable
Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for the reply, they are as follows. So at the oldest we are looking at 2016.

WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5"

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5 Inch /7mm, Up to 535 MB/s - SDSSDA-480G-G26 (Newest)

Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500gb

They're all pretty good, so you can just keep them.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS