[SOLVED] Advice on Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600x and general part check

nydrim

Reputable
Dec 12, 2016
Hello everyone

I am currently in the process of upgrading my gaming pc and will be purchasing a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU. I would like some advice on the Motherboard as I will be getting a Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. Since I have not previously owned a Ryzen CPU, I will need to upgrade the BIOS of the new Motherboard via USB FlashBack.
Having done some research, I am currently considering one the following:
  • MSI BMAG 550 Tomahawk
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC.
Which one would you recommend? Is there another alternative I could consider?

I would also like some general advice on the other upgrades I will be making (RAM and PSU). Although I will be purchasing a new graphics card in a few months, is it worth getting one now to get the most out of the upgrades? Also, would it be worth spending extra money on getting 32 GB of RAM instead of 16 GB?

pcpartpicker list with upgrades: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qTtN68

Solution
Hello everyone

I am currently in the process of upgrading my gaming pc and will be purchasing a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU. I would like some advice on the Motherboard as I will be getting a Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. Since I have not previously owned a Ryzen CPU, I will need to upgrade the BIOS of the new Motherboard via USB FlashBack.
  • MSI BMAG 550 Tomahawk

I would also like some general advice on the other upgrades I will be making (RAM and PSU). Although I will be purchasing a new graphics card in a few months, is it worth getting one now...
Hello everyone

• MSI BMAG 550 Tomahawk

I would also like some general advice on the other upgrades I will be making (RAM and PSU). Although I will be purchasing a new graphics card in a few months, is it worth getting one now to get the most out of the upgrades? Also, would it be worth spending extra money on getting 32 GB of RAM instead of 16 GB?

pcpartpicker list with upgrades: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qTtN68
Hello there!
Both of these are really good boards and you could go with any one of them. Get the ones whichs looks appeal you the brand you like or the warranty you get. If you plan on multitask while gaming more ram really helps and if you could pull it off then no worries.And your SSD is MX300 which is the predecessor of MX500 so you might wanna change that.

Solution

nydrim

Reputable
Dec 12, 2016
Hello there!
Both of these are really good boards and you could go with any one of them. Get the ones whichs looks appeal you the brand you like or the warranty you get. If you plan on multitask while gaming more ram really helps and if you could pull it off then no worries.And your SSD is MX300 which is the predecessor of MX500 so you might wanna change that.
Thanks for that. I was also considering a new SSD so the MX500 makes sense.

Reactions: General Kenobi
Thanks for that. I was also considering a new SSD so the MX500 makes sense.
And you could also go for nvme ssd. About GPU which one have you decided??
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssds,3891.html

For psu go for tier A or B ignore the rest. The wattage would be decided by your GPU.