Advice on much needed PC upgrade!

icetimed

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
HI all.
I have some experience of building a PC but its been quite a while since I did!

If I could get your input on this build;
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Hd8XH
it'd be fantastic.

I am updating from a core 2 quad and 560ti so am looking to get a build that can hopefully last me as long.
The power supply is a little op I know but Id like the capacity to add another card maybe or at least have enough grunt to add in extra parts.

I will be reusing some parts of my old build like the blue-ray drive and also the CPU cooler.

Do you think it is worth investing in an H100i to replace the duel fan radiator?

Ive also chosen DDR4-2133 as I don't think Ill need a higher clock and 2 8gb sticks as I cant see me using more than 32gb in the future.

240gb SSD should be enough to install my OS and a few selected games on shouldn't it?

The PC is for gaming (e.g. Arma 3 so CPU heavy?) and also some rendering on 3DS max, Photoshop and aftereffects etc

I saved up and don't get the opportunity to spend so mush money on a PC very often and since we have just had a baby I want to get this right first time - hence asking this awesome community!

Thank you ~ iCE

Solution
The mobo needs BIOS upgrade to run this CPU, just as 'Compatibility note' mentions.
Rendering programs use a lot of memory (but you can add more later).
Good build overall.

icetimed

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
I have double checked the bios updates on the asus website and it wont be an issue. I saw the compatibility notes, but thanks for pushing me to double check the manufactures website!

Ive also looked at increasing the ram to Ballistix Elite 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2666 MT/s. They are cheaper than the 2133's in France, but I have read some reviews that these can have unreliable speeds - maybe its worth paying a little extra for the HyperX Savage 2800 mhz ?

What do you guys think about the need for the h100i? I'm not sure its needed...?