Advice on my new build (My first build)

sbjluke

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1 to 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: 900 - 1100 after everYthing

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (Gaming, Internet surfing, Homework, Streaming, etc.)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com or what ever is the cheapest

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US and A

PARTS PREFERENCES: non, whatever gets me what i want, yo

OVERCLOCKING: probs not, unless you can prove to me its easy and harmless

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION:currently have 1280x1024 but will upgrade eventually

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Let me know what you think of my build. Does everything work together, will it be smooth. I want this to be completely upgradeable and last me for 5 to 6 years. Is this CPU okay for what i want or should i throw down an extra couple hundo for i7 930? Should I spend $40 getting a SATA 3 HD vs. the SATA 2 HD. Will the MoBo's SATA 3 ports work with SATA 2 HD? Is 650 Watts enough for the PSU? Is the RAM compatible? Do I need extra cooling, like fans, heat sinks, or water cooling? Do I need to buy any extra cables or anything that i dont have inorder to get this going? Is this a bad ass build for $1100? THANKS! sorry bout all the questions. My first build :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU/GPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition 3.2 Ghz / Radeon HD 5850 1Gb

PSU/HD: XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W ATX12V 2.2/ SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM: A-DATA XPG Gaming Series v2.0 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

DVD Drive: LITE-ON DVD DL Burner

Case/OS: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case / Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

sbjluke

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
great, thanks!

Will it need extra cooling or wires that i haven't bought?

do u have any recommendations about the sata compatibility and what is better?

Is it better to get a better mobo in order to use triple channel and get 6 gbs of ram? So is the difference between dual and triple channel is that one can come in twos and the other in threes? or is it totally different? If I eventually want to upgrade would i get 2 sets of 2 4gbs dual channel deals?

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
no u dont need extra thing get the sata 3 its better.. the diference between ram is that amd mobos dont use triple channel and intel ones does :p... u can use 2 sets of 2 dualc channel memory but u dont need it... for gaming u just use 3gb..