I'm new to overclocking, guys! Hope you'll help me

Computer specifications:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz
TUF B450M-PRO GAMING, Bios ver. 2006
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
2x8gb 2666mhz

Clock speed = 3.2Ghz - 3.7Ghz
CPU Voltage = 1.0v = 1.15v

I'm done with the 12-hour test of prime95's torture test (Small FFTs). 0 errors found. The temperature is around (70-75°C, 100% CPU utilization). I noticed some freezes and sometimes crashing of the GPU while playing valorant.
  1. Does overclocking the CPU affecting the GPU? Is this a sign of bad cpu overclock?
  2. Do you think increasing the voltage will solve this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How are you cooling that processor? Case make and model and the number + orientation of fans in your build? Was the GTX1650 an upgrade from a prior GPU?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please add that, including the age of the unit. As for your rams, you should've looked into a DDR4-3200MHz ram kit with tight timings to get the most out of your Ryzen Platform. Another bit of info, you should think about updating the BIOS to the latest version first prior to overclocking the processor, now.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How are you cooling that processor? Case make and model and the number + orientation of fans in your build? Was the GTX1650 an upgrade from a prior GPU?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please add that, including the age of the unit. As for your rams, you should've looked into a DDR4-3200MHz ram kit with tight timings to get the most out of your Ryzen Platform. Another bit of info, you should think about updating the BIOS to the latest version first prior to overclocking the processor now.

I only upgraded the CPU heatsink. I replaced the old one with Snowman T4. The cpu is 39°c at idle when using this new heatsink. My GTX1650super is 2 years old. I don't have this problem before when I've overclocked my cpu. But I'll try to test this in other games.

Thank you! I'll try to update the bios when I have the time. I'm just really scared to update my bios because power outage is very common here in my place hahaha that's why I'm not updating.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the only thing you changed here was the clock settings on the CPU, then it could be possible that it's affecting how the computer is running the graphics drivers. If this issue is reliably repeatable, try bumping up the voltage in single steps until it no longer happens.

Mar 9, 2023
If the only thing you changed here was the clock settings on the CPU, then it could be possible that it's affecting how the computer is running the graphics drivers. If this issue is reliably repeatable, try bumping up the voltage in single steps until it no longer happens.
Yeah. The clock speed and the voltage are the things that I've changed. I'll try to increase the voltage from 1.15 to 1.20v.
I also noticed that during the default setup (before overclocking), the voltage is jumping from 1.0v to 1.40v. I don't know if that's normal.

Feb 13, 2023
I'm new to overclocking, guys! Hope you'll help me

Computer specifications:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz
TUF B450M-PRO GAMING, Bios ver. 2006
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
2x8gb 2666mhz

Clock speed = 3.2Ghz - 3.7Ghz
CPU Voltage = 1.0v = 1.15v

I'm done with the 12-hour test of prime95's torture test (Small FFTs). 0 errors found. The temperature is around (70-75°C, 100% CPU utilization). I noticed some freezes and sometimes crashing of the GPU while playing valorant.
  1. Does overclocking the CPU affecting the GPU? Is this a sign of bad cpu overclock?
  2. Do you think increasing the voltage will solve this?
is ur cpu at 100 while in desktop?