Advice on new build

Aidan100195

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm gonna get started on my new build tomorrow. The case, hdd will be the same but everything else will be changing. Any advice before I get stuck in, pretty new with this stuff.

Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Ok, that's better. Well even though the GTX 780ti was no slouch back in the day, it's getting pretty old compared to today's card. With that said, I'm not sure how well it will handle newer games. I'm sure it is just a place setter until you can upgrade, just don't expect the world with that old guy. When you are ready to upgrade, I'd look at the 1060 6gb or better, unless Vega gives them a run for their money. But as for the rest of the build, I think it should be fairly solid.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
First thing is to figure out exactly what you want to do with this build, if you are only gaming, then an i5 is probably the sweet spot. If you are gaming and streaming simultaneously, then you'll probably want an i7. If you are just wanting to do basic surfing, office applications, etc, then I'd go with an i3. Now, you can convert those Intel CPUs to Ryzen, in which case I would go with the 1600, 1700, or 1400 respectively.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
Ok, that's better. Well even though the GTX 780ti was no slouch back in the day, it's getting pretty old compared to today's card. With that said, I'm not sure how well it will handle newer games. I'm sure it is just a place setter until you can upgrade, just don't expect the world with that old guy. When you are ready to upgrade, I'd look at the 1060 6gb or better, unless Vega gives them a run for their money. But as for the rest of the build, I think it should be fairly solid.

Solution