[SOLVED] Advice on New PC Build

Zekthul

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I'm an amateur who has only built two PCs from the ground up and it has been 5-6 years since my last one. I don't really stay current on PC hardware and research what I want when the time comes to upgrade. For this build I was initially going to re-use my case and PSU and try to stay around $1,000 but I have decided to buy all new and went a little beyond that price point. Besides typical streaming and browsing functions this computer is primarily for gaming. The most demanding games I play are FPS like Apex, CoD and Battlefield, all at 1080 but may try 1440 if/when I get a new monitor. I will not be overclocking so everything is picked out to play current games and hopefully get me through another 5 years of gaming with the realization that near the end I will be playing some games on lower settings.

I would appreciate any feedback on this build, especially if I missed something important like negative interactions between components, if there is a significant upgrade/feature I am missing out on for a small premium, or something that will save money and perform nearly equally well. I particularly struggled picking out the motherboard. Also, the cooler master and newegg PSU calculators varied but neither showed my computer needing even 500W for the listed components. I want a buffer over this since I am unsure of their accuracy but is 750w overkill ?

Case: Lian Li Lancool II
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 xt
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb DDR4 3600
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS m.2
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-650 650w

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nQQ9Cz

Last edited:
Solution
It's not overkill at, in fact you're on point with the parts, apart from the quality of the PSU(although the wattage is about right) but 650W would be a good number to hover around and pick a Seasonic unit, the ram should be a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit for the platform to shine.

Outside of that, you're good!

If you want to see if some more fine tuning can be had in your build, best include a PCPartPicker link and we can go through it some more.

Lutfij

Titan
It's not overkill at, in fact you're on point with the parts, apart from the quality of the PSU(although the wattage is about right) but 650W would be a good number to hover around and pick a Seasonic unit, the ram should be a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit for the platform to shine.

If you want to see if some more fine tuning can be had in your build, best include a PCPartPicker link and we can go through it some more.

Solution

Zekthul

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

Thank you for the advice, I didn't know about that website so I used it and added the link to the bottom my post. I also updated the memory, it was basically the same price to get the 3600 and changed to a Seasonic 650w, fully modular.