Advice on PC Build for < 350 USD

dutchmaster312

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a system that I want to build for less than 350 USD; the cheaper the better. It will be used for a program that runs multiple instances of itself at the same time on the PC for ~20 hours per day and is constantly communicating with other processes running on VMware. I would therefore say that the emphasis is on memory and processing power, while graphics quality is of no importance at all, apart from the fact that the system should be able to play on two monitors.

Another important point is that the more compact the setup is, the better.

I compiled a list of components which I think fit my needs, but I am open to anything, including pre-built systems.

Approximate Purchase Date: next two weeks
Budget Range: 100-350
System Usage from Most to Least Important: continuously running processes that are communicating with other processes on VMware; dual monitor set up has to be possible but graphics quality does not matter
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: All except for monitor
Do you need to buy OS: No
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: tweakers.net
Parts Preferences: None
Overclocking: Does not matter
SLI or Crossfire: Does not matter
Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200

COMPONENTS LIST

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 Micro ATX AMD
Processor: AMD FX-4300
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
HDD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 110 RC-110-KKN2 Midnight Black Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case with Standard Size ATX PSU and 120mm Radiator Support Compatible with Standard ATX PS2 (not included) Power Supply
Power Supply: EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready
Graphics Card: No idea; anything able to play two monitors; quality not important

Total cost ~ 300

Please let me know how this looks and whether it would be possible to get something similar or better for a lower price; separate parts or pre-built system makes no difference as long as the price-quality ratio is good!

Thanks in advance