[SOLVED] Advice on PC build to run Skyrim and FlightSimulator 2020 ?

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
I'd like to know a pc build that can run Skyrim on ultra settings at 60fps , fully-modded and with an enb enabled. I also want it to be able to run Flight Simulator 2020 on ultra settings, as close to 60fps when outside of the cock-pit view. I am going to be playing on a 1080p 60hz tv. I want to buy this PC pre-built or from a custom-builder website. Can you help me?

Last edited:
Solution
You loaded? Going to be pricey to get that level of performance out of a pre-built.

Both of those are CPU intense games (FlightSim more so then a modded Skyrim), only saving grace is your desired framerate and resolution is lower, so graphics won't be so bad. Though I still recommend a decent amount of VRAM for Skyrim mods.

Any particular desires when it comes to the size, color, and features you want in a desktop? Max spending limits? North America or other?

Based on the latest blind round up of builders by LinusTechTips. CyberPowerPC offers the best price/options/customer service.

Something like one of there i9-10900k with an RTX3070 might be what you need. Choose an NVMe storage option as large as you think you will need...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You loaded? Going to be pricey to get that level of performance out of a pre-built.

Both of those are CPU intense games (FlightSim more so then a modded Skyrim), only saving grace is your desired framerate and resolution is lower, so graphics won't be so bad. Though I still recommend a decent amount of VRAM for Skyrim mods.

Any particular desires when it comes to the size, color, and features you want in a desktop? Max spending limits? North America or other?

Based on the latest blind round up of builders by LinusTechTips. CyberPowerPC offers the best price/options/customer service.

Something like one of there i9-10900k with an RTX3070 might be what you need. Choose an NVMe storage option as large as you think you will need. Probably go for a 2x16GB kit of DDR4 3000 or 3200Mhz. Maybe bump up the water cooler to a 240mm radiator.

Something like this:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)Christmas Featured Promotions: NoneGaming Chassis: CyberPowerPC ELUNA 242V Premium RGB Gaming Case Mid-Tower w/ Tempered Glass Window Panel (White Color)Laser Engraving: NoneExtra Case Fans: Default case fansCPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200Freebie of Processor: NoneIntel Performance Tuning Protection Plan: NoneVenom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No OverclockingCPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 360mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: NoneMotherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe + WiFi 6 Intel 201AXRAM / System Memory: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)Video Card: GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)Freebie of Video Card: NoneSli Bridge: NoneVideo Capture Card: NonePower Supply: 650 Watts - Corsair RM Series RM650 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power SupplyPrimary Hard Drive: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 600/550k (Single Drive)Freebie of Solid State Drive: NoneSecondary Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 256MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)External Storage: NoneWiDi Router: NoneInternal Wireless Network Card: NoneSound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIOMonitor: NoneCables: NoneSpeakers: NoneInternal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN NetworkKeyboard: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming KeyboardMouse: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming MouseMouse Pad: NoneHeadset: NoneMicrophone: NoneGaming Gear: NoneInternal USB Expansion Module: NoneWireless Routers/Hubs: NoneVideo Camera: NonePower & Surge Protection: NoneUSB Hub & Port: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)External Accessories: None

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS