Advice on PC Rig for app development

Roboto21

Commendable
May 29, 2016
Hi all,

First time poster here, it is nice to find you! I am in search of building a new pc rig for app development. Now what i have somehow in mind is something like that http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/vBjbtJ

How do you find it? The lack of graphics card is because it won't be used for gaming and would like to save money for the initial investment. Although i want it to be open in the coming months to get one good graphics card in order to be able to make it a gaming pc too.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Solution
I don't know if you have a particular use for the audio card but it is unnecessary for what you mentioned. The main parts are good, you may want to save some money on the power supply, 550-600 watts should be more than enough. You should also think about connecting the pc to the Internet via ethernet as you may experience some loss in speed over WiFi and you will also save money on the external WiFi adapter. That money could be invested in an external hard drive for backup or a second SSD for RAID 1 to be on the safe side if the one you have fails.

papjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
I don't know if you have a particular use for the audio card but it is unnecessary for what you mentioned. The main parts are good, you may want to save some money on the power supply, 550-600 watts should be more than enough. You should also think about connecting the pc to the Internet via ethernet as you may experience some loss in speed over WiFi and you will also save money on the external WiFi adapter. That money could be invested in an external hard drive for backup or a second SSD for RAID 1 to be on the safe side if the one you have fails.

Solution

Roboto21

Commendable
May 29, 2016
Yeah the adapter and the sound card are things that i was meddling with not must buy components. I am more interested in advice on the main core of the system and as you mention you think it is good.

So your advice is to save some money on the power supply the audio card and the external wifi adapter?

papjim

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
Yes I think that this is the way to go. Save some money on the extras, buy some storage to be safe, because I think some data loss would be very unpleasant in what you are doing.

TRENDING THREADS