[SOLVED] Advice on possible dead motherboard

Nov 20, 2019
Ill make this quick and short , I recently moved from an apartment where I had to deal with a dirty roommate and roaches got in my pc , I sprayed it with Raid which im now regretting. I tried booting my pc in my now clean apartment and I get case fans and cpu fans spinning but my gpu fans try to spin but can't seem to get going , I also get no image, at first I thought it was my power supply so I just installed a brand new power supply and still have the same issue , I had a friend try the gpu on his rig and it gave him a screen. I now believe its my motherboard since I removed the gpu and ram sticks and I got no beep , im just trying to get some clarification before I buy a new motherboard.

Solution
I used to work on ultrasonic devices which roaches apparently were in love with. Lots of feces, and the feces are corrosive. Any contact with a through-hole pad, or plated through holes (multi layer PCBs) gets leached in even if you can't see it. Corrosion is death to PCBs. I'd say the mobo is gone, or near death, even if you find a way to momentarily recover it. :(
Please go down this entire list as it could easily be these things and not your motherboard:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/
If you still cannot find the issue please come and post back. If I had to guess I'd say that some of the residues from the spray is causing a short on the motherboard I recommend a damp cloth and wiping down your motherboard and any other components that may have been sprayed. Before you start wiping it down completely disconnect the PSU from the socket and flip the switch to off as well as removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Wait until you think the components are completely dry and then wait another 1-3 hours to make sure it is completely dry. Then attempt to turn on the computer.

I used to work on ultrasonic devices which roaches apparently were in love with. Lots of feces, and the feces are corrosive. Any contact with a through-hole pad, or plated through holes (multi layer PCBs) gets leached in even if you can't see it. Corrosion is death to PCBs. I'd say the mobo is gone, or near death, even if you find a way to momentarily recover it. :(

Solution
Nov 20, 2019
Please go down this entire list as it could easily be these things and not your motherboard:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/
If you still cannot find the issue please come and post back. If I had to guess I'd say that some of the residues from the spray is causing a short on the motherboard I recommend a damp cloth and wiping down your motherboard and any other components that may have been sprayed. Before you start wiping it down completely disconnect the PSU from the socket and flip the switch to off as well as removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Wait until you think the components are completely dry and then wait another 1-3 hours to make sure it is completely dry. Then attempt to turn on the computer.

Just hovered over those steps and I've tried all of them , I think im SOL , am I safe to deduce that its my mobo?

Nov 20, 2019
Yeah, think im just gonna have to fork up the cash on the new mobo