Question Advice on Pricing my old Gaming PC

Thatpkmtrainer

Honorable
Nov 21, 2016
This is my old build that I am going to sell.
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qp3TWD

Listed Parts:
CPU: Intel - Pentium G3220 3 GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LP 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB Superclocked Video Card
Case: DIYPC - Solar-M1-G ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I am either going to sell it as a PC or try to piece it out on Craigslist or Ebay
However will give me the most profit, but I want to try and sell all of it, not just some of it.
I really just need someone to help me figure out how to price it. It was my old build for maybe a year or 2 but I've upgraded since, I just wanna get some money from it? Any advice or price suggestions?
I can post pictures later if needed, the only underwhelming item on the build is the case quality, I plan to rebuild it to help with wire management and clean it out as safe as possible as well.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I personally feel like the $150 is being hopeful.
The only item I see there with any value (to me) is the video card and even at that would be for niche use as as HTPC or something which the rest of the build isn't suited for. Your motherboard is limiting in that even with a better chip purchase or laying around it won't OC. The HDD is decent, but small, and that manner of DDR3 is almost to a point of unable to give away.

I would suggest that if you have a friend who is in need of any kind of usable computer/upgrade to GIVE it to them and reap the goodwill. In my area you wouldn't be able to sell that for $50 on CL. They are HARD round here.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Just as a comparison....I am picking up a file server (freenas) setup from a friend this weekend. i5 4670, MSI Z series chipset, similar Corsair PSU, 16GB of DDR3, (6) HD Blue 2TB HDD, that are 6 months old (new purchase date, not manufacture), Crutial 500GB SDD, PCI SATA card, and a big ugly case...for $100. Even with that, it's not a STELLAR deal, but the storage alone makes it worthwhile.

edit, oops forgot AND with a 750ti

Last edited: