Question Advice on running games on my laptop

Sep 29, 2019
I feel like my laptop isn't terrible, but whenever I try to play games like cs:go or Overwatch, the game just lags unbearably even on the lowest settings. I'm not looking for amazing performance, but my laptop is only a few years old and when I bought it, I was told it would be able to play games. Here are the specs:

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

Video CardIntel(R) HD Graphics 520

Video Card #2AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340

RAM8.0 GB

Could anyone tell me what could be the problem, or any tips on how to get games running better? :)

(I updated my drivers, so that's not the issue)

Where did you get the drivers from? Some laptops may require bespoke graphics drivers to work (especially if it needs to switch from integrated to another GPU for 3D applications), and these are from the laptop manufacturer's site rather than the GPU manufacturer's.

Sep 29, 2019
Where did you get the drivers from? Some laptops may require bespoke graphics drivers to work (especially if it needs to switch from integrated to another GPU for 3D applications), and these are from the laptop manufacturer's site rather than the GPU manufacturer's.

Intel and AMD website, I searched for the updates for my specific drivers, are you saying since my laptop is HP, I should get them from their website?

TRENDING THREADS