[SOLVED] Advice on selling desktop please!

mrsmithjr

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
Hello, I need to sell my desktop to raise money for a laptop, and i'd like to know how much I can realistically get for my system, what I should list it for etc.

Here are the specs of the system:

i5 6600k
2x8gb gskill ram
msi gtx 1060 6gb
z170 m5 motherboard
crucial 275gb ssd + 1tb hdd
cryorig h7 cooler
evga 650 watt psu
pioneer dvd drive

I think that's everything...

Solution
Looking at sold prices on eBay. You'd get $500 to $600. You'll lose $100 to $125 of that in shipping and fees.

If you sell it locally I'd expect $450 to $550 cash. In the end you'll probably end up with more selling it this way. Plus a buyer can't file a Paypal claim and force you to take it back. Making you eat the shipping fees both ways. Locally for cash is usually the better option for a working computer.

Edit: To keep your phone number off the list of every robocaller. Use an App like Letgo or Offerup. If using Craigslist. Use an app like Talkatone to provide a burner number for talk/text. That way you can post that number in your ad and ditch it when sold.
Looking at sold prices on eBay. You'd get $500 to $600. You'll lose $100 to $125 of that in shipping and fees.

If you sell it locally I'd expect $450 to $550 cash. In the end you'll probably end up with more selling it this way. Plus a buyer can't file a Paypal claim and force you to take it back. Making you eat the shipping fees both ways. Locally for cash is usually the better option for a working computer.

Edit: To keep your phone number off the list of every robocaller. Use an App like Letgo or Offerup. If using Craigslist. Use an app like Talkatone to provide a burner number for talk/text. That way you can post that number in your ad and ditch it when sold.

Solution
Depends on your local market or global market, check prices for similar systems and adjust accordingly

if you want to sell fast undercut the current prices slightly

its hard to pin down a price, market works on supply and demand

Where i live you should be happy if you get 400 euro

g-unit1111

Titan
Depends on your local market or global market, check prices for similar systems and adjust accordingly

If you try to sell internationally, especially a full system, you will get hosed on shipping. Depending on the weight of the tower it could be at least $100 to ship depending on where you live.

Sometimes you're better off stripping the parts and selling those, and you will get more if you still have the original boxes for them, and they are in pretty decent condition.

mrsmithjr

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
If you try to sell internationally, especially a full system, you will get hosed on shipping. Depending on the weight of the tower it could be at least $100 to ship depending on where you live.

Sometimes you're better off stripping the parts and selling those, and you will get more if you still have the original boxes for them, and they are in pretty decent condition.

Yes, I do have all of the original boxes for the parts so that's another option.