Al1234

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
hi guys,.can anyone of you guys help me with my temps??i have a Phenom II x4 955 c3 and my temps are high, i think. when gaming my temps would go from 36c to 47c and when stress testing with intel burn,it'd rise to 50 to 53 and clocks are at 3.7ghz. even if i put it in stock, the temps would be the same even if i undervolted it. my case is a midtower,i guess, made by thermalmaster with 1 200mm fans and 5 120mms and the Cm 212 is already in push/pull and shrouds. I have also reseated and polished both the cooler and CPu and reapplied deepcool z5 tim many times and gets the same temps.

i was thinking of getting a Kuhler 620 but im hesitant because temps may not go down by much considering its an LCLC. but is the antec 620 worth it by adding an additional res?Or is the larkooler ba2-241 better??Or should i just leave my temps alone and put my money on a SSDor a new mobo?custom WC's are expensive here in the Philippines.

SPecs:

AMD Phenom II x4 955
Mobo: Asus m4n68t le v2( i know its a cheapo, but i bought it because i have little knowledge with mobo at that time)
GPU:6670
Case:thermalmaster

note: its summer here and i have no AC.its so hot that i bath almost 3x a day!!!

Agreed. That's where mine are at 3.7GHz with a quad phenom II. Actually a little better as I hit 55+ on prime 95. And I have a full tower and bigger cooler since I have to push voltage to get there, so you're doing quite well.

Closed loop licquid really doesn't do much better than a good air cooler

Al1234

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
thanks for the quick replies...so, should i get a new mobo or an SSD?my board doesnt support sata3 but i kinda like the idea of SSD because of over all system responsiveness.

Al1234

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
yes,im using a 6670. i was thinking of the asrock 970 extreme 4 but in some forums, they said its better getting an SSD to improve responsiveness rather than getting a new mobo.