advice on the psu for hd 7970

hydron989

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
hi guys, I have an option between the corsair vs650 and the antec vp 650p for the hd 7970. which one should i go for?

Solution

yes, easily. There won't be any problem. Your CPU is locked so you can't overclock that (not much anyways), the GPU you can.

No problems for the foreseeable future That i can see. It is always best to have watt headroom for future upgrades and PSU efficiency.

hydron989

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

my other specs are an i3-2100 3.1 GHZ, 8GB DDR-3, 2HDD(160 gb and 500 GB) and 4 cooling fans(2 led), will it be able to handle it?? also, i might overclock my cpu and gpu in the future( if there's any scope, I'm new to all this) , will there be any problems later??

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Your system will barely be in 300W territory, so you'll be just fine. You'll also be right around 50% of the PSU's capacity, so it'll be operating near peak efficiency. If you choose to overclock your GPU later on (you can't really overclock the i3), you'll have plenty of headroom, so no worries.

yes, easily. There won't be any problem. Your CPU is locked so you can't overclock that (not much anyways), the GPU you can.

No problems for the foreseeable future That i can see. It is always best to have watt headroom for future upgrades and PSU efficiency.

Solution