[SOLVED] Advice on this 24 inch IPS monitor at 144Hz?

RXS78

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Hi all

Not really up on my screen tech so need some help please. I'm looking for a 24 inch, 1080p, IPS with good refresh rate and input lag so as not to hamper casual gaming. I initially set the budget at £150 but it looks like this is unrealistic so have increased slightly.

I have found this: AOC 24G2U for £170. Can anyone offer any feedback on this monitor? I've seen limited but generally positive review online, and it seems to be Freesync but also G-Sync compatible, which suits my intended GTX 1660 Ti, which may turn into a 5700 next year. Alternatively any other viable suggestions would be extremely welcome!

Also, I am seeing far more options with a 75Hz refresh rate. Would this, coupled with G-Sync/Freesync work just as well or would I still notice the difference?

Your help would be much appreciated!!

Solution
Hey! Im no expert, but im looking for a monitor aswell, so maybe i can help. i just read a few reviews, and watched a review on youtube, seems like this monitor is the dreammachine :) (for 24", 1080p)according to mentioned reviews:

+no, or almost no back light bleed
+great response time, great input lag (perfect for gaming)
+the color accuracy and color depth seem to be really great aswell
+it is gsync compatible

so pretty much perfect.

to your question if 75 hz displays are compatible with gsync/freesync: im not sure about that, but i think 144hz is a better option, since you have a fairly powerful graphics card.

Master.Kenobi

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019
Hey! Im no expert, but im looking for a monitor aswell, so maybe i can help. i just read a few reviews, and watched a review on youtube, seems like this monitor is the dreammachine :) (for 24", 1080p)according to mentioned reviews:

+no, or almost no back light bleed
+great response time, great input lag (perfect for gaming)
+the color accuracy and color depth seem to be really great aswell
+it is gsync compatible

so pretty much perfect.

to your question if 75 hz displays are compatible with gsync/freesync: im not sure about that, but i think 144hz is a better option, since you have a fairly powerful graphics card.

Reactions: RXS78
Solution

RXS78

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks Master.Kenobi

That seems to mesh with the reviews I found as well - pretty consistent feedback it seems.
Are you looking for similar or a different spec? Just wondering if you've seen anything worth considering?

Master.Kenobi

Reputable
Sep 1, 2019
Thanks Master.Kenobi

That seems to mesh with the reviews I found as well - pretty consistent feedback it seems.
Are you looking for similar or a different spec? Just wondering if you've seen anything worth considering?
no, im looking for 1440p monitors, but if i would be looking for 1080p then i would probs take the aoc :D

Reactions: RXS78

RXS78

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I see. Well thank you taking the time to have a look.

Think I'll get it ordered and try it out. Worst case scenario is that son gets it next year if i don't get on with it for any reason :LOL:

TRENDING THREADS