[SOLVED] Advice on this build

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Hey guys, what do you think of this build? These should be compatible right? And would i need anything else for oc'ing the cpu? :D

ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
ZOTAC ZT-T20800B-10P GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GDDR6
Intel Core i7 9700K
16 gb kingston ddr4 ram
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO

Solution
Woah, no, wait. You cannot overclock using a B-series motherboards. Only H-series and Z-series support overclocking. If you want to barely overclock it, an H-series will do. If you expect to drag a loooot more horsepower out of your CPU, you're going to want a Z-series motherboard. (And there's different tiers of motherboards, even within specific series)

Also, the cooler is alright for low overclocks. I've never had anything from ARCTIC except for their cooling paste years ago, which I wasn't exactly impressed with, but I'm sure you're going to want to upgrade it a bit if you plan to OC in ludicrous terms.
Woah, no, wait. You cannot overclock using a B-series motherboards. Only H-series and Z-series support overclocking. If you want to barely overclock it, an H-series will do. If you expect to drag a loooot more horsepower out of your CPU, you're going to want a Z-series motherboard. (And there's different tiers of motherboards, even within specific series)

Also, the cooler is alright for low overclocks. I've never had anything from ARCTIC except for their cooling paste years ago, which I wasn't exactly impressed with, but I'm sure you're going to want to upgrade it a bit if you plan to OC in ludicrous terms.

Solution

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016

Would MSI Z370-A PRO or MSI Z390-A PRO work then? And do you have any cpu cooler recommendations that is not too pricey?