Advice on trading console for custom PC

rherdman

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Hi,

I've never posted here and don't know a thing about custom PC's. I have a big white xbox one bundle that I advertised and I was contacted about trading for a custom gaming and editing PC that the person claimed they have over 2k in. Here is what he said about it:

"It's a full size antec case total of ten fans has blue leds and fans are all three speed controllable Asus board with phenom black edition 3.0 ghz quad processor has a standard 250w power supply I had to take from a different pc. My 500 died. 8 gb ddr3 low latency ram supports Sata and ide devices. Has total of 8 usb ports. Audio ports all the good stuff. On board video card is a 440m I think. It's 756 card has a 600gb hd currently running Vista ultimate but I'll hook you up with a few other operating systems if you care to install them later. Fedora, win7, ubuntu, I think I also have a copy of xp too. I added a 802 dual band wireless card umm dual dvdrw cdrw lightscrive high speed disk drives I have a modified bios version on the system. It will also come with a true high def hp monitor supports dvi hdmi vga it's 23 inches. Also comes with a multifunction hp multimedia keyboard and a Razer gaming mouse."

I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me as to whether to make this trade given the specifics of the computer. Thanks.

Solution
sounds like he has an x4 processor with integrated video on the motherboard.

old/low end hardware, likely a junk power supply.

definitely not a gaming machine and not all that great for editing anymore.

to be honest a used xbo is not worth a whole lot and you are not likely to do much better if trading up to a pc so it was a fair offer even if it is not a very good system.

if you want a gaming pc i'd use the cash from selling the xbox to invest in a new pc (or the xbo + cash towards a better more modern machine).

your choice of course but if it was me i say no-dice.
sounds like he has an x4 processor with integrated video on the motherboard.

old/low end hardware, likely a junk power supply.

definitely not a gaming machine and not all that great for editing anymore.

to be honest a used xbo is not worth a whole lot and you are not likely to do much better if trading up to a pc so it was a fair offer even if it is not a very good system.

if you want a gaming pc i'd use the cash from selling the xbox to invest in a new pc (or the xbo + cash towards a better more modern machine).

your choice of course but if it was me i say no-dice.

Solution