Advice on Upgrades, AMD FX series (6350, 8350)

doomkaliber

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Greetings, forum!

I've decided to consult the veterans here for what my best course of actions in my situation is. Let me lay it out: I hold a deep sentiment for my first Custom Creation, which I love upgrading over the years for no adequate reason and have decideed to treat it to a new upgrade due to the drop in prices of now "legacy/discontinued" AMD, AM3+ tech.

The conundrum of the situation is whether I can use the machine's current motherboard for a CPU upgrade from the current 6350 FX to a 8350 FX. The part in question is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 6.0, sporting a 760G chipsets. A good note here is that I'm running a be quiet! Pure Rock and several Pure Wings (Two inputs, front and backside, tho outputs, rear and top, all 120mm), so cooling is on a decent level.

Up to now, I've had no issue with this setup, and in absolute disregard to the previous thread on my account, I have no intention on clocking it, beyond it's stock Turbo Clock.

So let me form it in a questions list like so:
1) Are the said components compatible?
2) According to resources (linked below) I shouldn't have compatibility issues, but I can't find information for possible repricussions. Do possibilities of any such exist? If so, what should I be expecting?
3) On the topic of possible overclocking (although not my mind as of the moment) does my previous thread (also linked below) hold up?
4) Is there anything other I should know when approaching the situation? Any input and concerns are kindly welcomed!

Thank you for reading through and for your potential feedback! Kind regards, Asparuh "Doomkaliber" Ivanov. Now here are some links:

Compatibility Forum Thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2374490/gigabyte-78lmt-usb3-8350.html
Gigabyte on FX-Gen compatibility:
https://www.gigabyte.com/ph/Ajax/SupportFunction/GetCpuList/?Value=4305&Type=Product
My previous forum thread, concerning clocking on the 6350 FX:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3740955/advice-needed-clocking-6350.html

Solution
THE BOARD only has a 4+1 POWER PHASE DESIGN and a MEDIOCRE at best thermal design. Not the most stable setup for a 125w CPU. Going up from the 6350 the 8350 is going to be very little in terms of performance increase.

doomkaliber

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Since I'm currently on mobile and don't know how to properly reply, @SR-71 Blackbird, my other option on the table is a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P, running a 970 chipsets. Would it be more impactful in the matter? I've scoured the limited Bulgarian market on the issue, looking for a 990FX, but unfortunately, my options are either limited or risky in the sense of international shipping. Thanks in advance!

doomkaliber

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018

Before I close this thread, although I'm doubtful, can you give me an idea for what to be on the look out for, if by chance I'm able to stumble into anything. Preferably, Gigabyte, since I'm running a Gigabyte 1050 TI G1 as a GPU, although it has little to no impact in the situation. I've just been taught to prefer a match in brands regarding MBs & GPUs. Thank you for the input! Cheers!