[SOLVED] Advice on upgrading my PC ?

Aug 30, 2021
I am a competitive Fortnite gamer and am in need of a 240 hz experience but I can’t get that high of fps. I am sometimes at 180 fps and sometimes at 240. It really depends. So I was wondering what I need to upgrade to reach 240 fps. Idon’t have a 240 hz monitor yet so I’m not sure if that fps is fine on there. (I’m really new to this stuff).

Here are my specs:

Rx 580 armor 8g oc graphics card
Amd ryzon 5 2600 cpu
32 gb ddr4 ram
Asus Prime B450M-A

Last edited:
Solution
I am a competitive Fortnite gamer and am in need of a 240 hz experience but I can’t get that high of fps. I am sometimes at 180 fps and sometimes at 240. It really depends. So I was wondering what I need to upgrade to reach 240 fps. Idon’t have a 240 hz monitor yet so I’m not sure if that fps is fine on there. (I’m really new to this stuff).

Here are my specs:

Amd ryzon 5 2600 cpu
32 gb ddr4 ram
Asus Prime B450M-A
upgrade the cpu to a ryzen 5600X or 5800X (or 5700G), FPS games tend to love faster cpu calculations. Just make sure when you're about to install the new cpu, you updated the bios to the latest, and uninstall the old Processors on Device manager like this...

Here are my specs:

Amd ryzon 5 2600 cpu
32 gb ddr4 ram
Asus Prime B450M-A
upgrade the cpu to a ryzen 5600X or 5800X (or 5700G), FPS games tend to love faster cpu calculations. Just make sure when you're about to install the new cpu, you updated the bios to the latest, and uninstall the old Processors on Device manager like this:
unknown.png

Then proceed by shutting the pc down and install the cpu, go to bios (and reset to default bios settings) and set XMP, then look for windows update if there is an update after installing new cpu.

Solution