Question Advice on water cooling

Dec 30, 2022
so here’s the back story years back I built a pc based on haswell i5 4690k gtx 1070 using EK fluid gaming parts which are of course aluminium but the pump has given up and I need a replacement my question is can I use any pump with it as I can’t find or buy aluminium one any help would be massively appreciated as I use my pc to game daily. I’m looking for a pump res combo I’m not sure if one of the ones EK have for sale would work but I can’t see why not as the pump shouldn’t have any copper in it and rather than start a new thread for my second question out of curiosity is there any one here still using a system with a combo similar to mine in 2022 if so how do they hold up is it worth me sticking a i7 in my old rig?

so here’s the back story years back I built a pc based on haswell i5 4690k gtx 1070 using EK fluid gaming parts which are of course aluminium but the pump has given up and I need a replacement my question is can I use any pump with it as I can’t find or buy aluminium one any help would be massively appreciated as I use my pc to game daily. I’m looking for a pump res combo I’m not sure if one of the ones EK have for sale would work but I can’t see why not as the pump shouldn’t have any copper in it and rather than start a new thread for my second question out of curiosity is there any one here still using a system with a combo similar to mine in 2022 if so how do they hold up is it worth me sticking a i7 in my old rig?
Pumps have all plastic parts which are immersed in liquid, don't have to worry about that.

Dec 30, 2022
In a aluminium and copper mixed loop which is best to stop galvanic corrosion Mayhems 15ml Inhibitor + or Thermaltake t1000?

you cant stop it, it will minimise corrosion, but there will be still some over time, unless youre prepared to keep replacing your coolant like every 3months? best way would be removing aluminium from your loop, its that simple

Dec 30, 2022
Yeah that’s what I thought so I’m going to use the pump for a copper loop even though it says don’t with something like Thermaltake t1000 and hope for the best

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS