[SOLVED] Advice on what motherboard /RAM combo for upcoming Ryzen 5x00 release

Oct 31, 2020
Hi all,
I'm due an upgrade, and though used to be an enthusiast I'm no longer in the know regarding what hardware to get. I've been following the most recent releases by AMD and want to support them over Intel
What I already have and plan on keeping for the near future:
Fractal R6 USBC case
Corsair RM1000 PSU
1060GTX 6GB GPU
2TB MX500 SSD

So essentially I need motherboard / CPU / RAM combo advice + NVME SSD (small just for OS) & wifi card

Budget wise I'm flexible, but do want good value for money. and I don't care for aesthetics of what I can't see inside the case. I.e. if a £80 RAM with no H/S, has 99% of the performance characteristics as £120 I would opt for the cheaper version.

I'm looking at the new 5600x / 5800x AMD chips, but the step from 6 to 8 core seems pretty substantial. Motherboard & RAM... no idea what I should get, are we better of with fast RAM or tight timings, I'd like a wifi solution as well, I currently have an old PCI TP-link (garbage) wifi card. whats best a USB stick, PCI card... inbuilt to mobo etc

Usage is just mixed browsing & light gaming, with a view to get a 4K monitor in the near future.

Appreciate any feedback
Regards

Solution
I sincerely believe built in WiFi is much less of a hassle, which is why I went for it. If you're flexible, you could get a B550 or X570 Aorus pro/master or Strix F/E wifi. For RAM, go as high in mhz as possible, with a minimum of 3200mhz. I'd say something good like a Trident RGB or Dominator RGB. The 5800X will serve you better overall, so of course if you've got the money, go for it. If you're going cheaper on the RAM, ripjaws V> LPX. You have many NVMe options, with The Samsung 970 Evo being the best IMO.
I sincerely believe built in WiFi is much less of a hassle, which is why I went for it. If you're flexible, you could get a B550 or X570 Aorus pro/master or Strix F/E wifi. For RAM, go as high in mhz as possible, with a minimum of 3200mhz. I'd say something good like a Trident RGB or Dominator RGB. The 5800X will serve you better overall, so of course if you've got the money, go for it. If you're going cheaper on the RAM, ripjaws V> LPX. You have many NVMe options, with The Samsung 970 Evo being the best IMO.

Solution