Advice Please.

gary

I've seen alot of posts with good prices for 128mb radeon 9800pro's, Has
anyone got any idea's where i can get the cheapest 256mb version from?
As i have heard with a simple bios flash they can become
XT's,

T.I.A

Have you tried www.pricewatch.com? Specifically,
http://www.pricewatch.com/1/37/5522-1.htm?

Newegg has a Sapphire (
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-340&depa=0 )
for $289 with comments from some buyers that it flashes to an XT rather
easily. Although whether it's worth an extra 50% in price to go from a $200
Pro 128MB to a possible XT w/ 256MB is up to you. But I guess if you're set
on an XT, it's better than paying ~$380 for one!

--
cK-Gunslinger

"Gary" <brian@true345.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've seen alot of posts with good prices for 128mb radeon 9800pro's, Has
> anyone got any idea's where i can get the cheapest 256mb version from?
> As i have heard with a simple bios flash they can become
> XT's,
>
> T.I.A

Alas, I just now see that you are in the UK. My advice my be useless to
you then. =P

--
cK

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:09:39 +0100, "Gary" <brian@true345.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>I've seen alot of posts with good prices for 128mb radeon 9800pro's, Has
>anyone got any idea's where i can get the cheapest 256mb version from?
>As i have heard with a simple bios flash they can become
>XT's,

Just get a regular 9800Pro for about $190 www.pricewatch.com - If ya
really need 256mb and performance get the X800.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.