Advice requred:Buying a RADEON9800Pro for a system that on..

Hi

I have a relatively outdated videocard but not so-outdated PC (or so i
prefer to think)
I would like to purchase an ATI RADEON 9800PRO based graphics card.
Problem is, my VIA KT266A based motherboard only has AGPx4.
I need advice from the more experienced people here:
How well will it run?
By how many percents an AGPx8 motherboard will boost performance?
Should I consier buying a new motherboard alone (leave my CPU/memory/Sound
Card/etc as they are)?

My relative system specs:

processor - AMD AthlonXP 1900+
moherboard - ASUS A7V266-E
memory - 768 MB of DDR-266

Tanks in advance for all your replies!

Andrew

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:56:00 GMT, "Nissim Trifonov"
<nissimtr@actcom.net.il> wrote:

>How well will it run?
>By how many percents an AGPx8 motherboard will boost performance?

As has been discussed here dozens of times, AGP8X makes no noticeable
difference.

I also have a similar mobo with x4 on it (VIA KT333A), and that runs my 9800Pro perfectly.
AGP x8 makes no difference over x4 in current games, and probably wont make any difference to new
games coming out for the forseeable future.