Question advice to build a gamer

Jul 11, 2022
Hello everybody.
I am trying to build a gamer. All I have now is a motherboard gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H with an intel i5 4440, with cooler and 2 ram hyperx DDR3 8gb each

I've been comparing prices on two different sites but I don’t know the difference even if they are the same.

• Gainward Ghost LHR GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GDDR6 (NE63060019K9-190AU)
  • ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, Axial-tech Fan Design, 2.7-Slot, Super Alloy Power II, GPU Tweak II)
  • Price is about the same, but where is the difference?

thank you

Jul 25, 2021
Hello everybody.
I am trying to build a gamer. All I have now is a motherboard gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H with an intel i5 4440, with cooler and 2 ram hyperx DDR3 8gb each

I've been comparing prices on two different sites but I don’t know the difference even if they are the same.

• Gainward Ghost LHR GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GDDR6 (NE63060019K9-190AU)
  • ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, Axial-tech Fan Design, 2.7-Slot, Super Alloy Power II, GPU Tweak II)
  • Price is about the same, but where is the difference?

thank you
The Asus Rog is an improved version I think

If you play fast action games, or are playing at higher display resolution, then a strong graphics card is appropriate.

If your games are more cpu limited like sims, strategy and mmo then cpu performance, particularly single thread becomes the limiting factor.

You should also be planning on at least a 550w quality psu.

Jul 11, 2022
If you play fast action games, or are playing at higher display resolution, then a strong graphics card is appropriate.

If your games are more cpu limited like sims, strategy and mmo then cpu performance, particularly single thread becomes the limiting factor.

You should also be planning on at least a 550w quality psu.

great. That's a start in the right direction to help me.
I want fast action military games. Defcon, call of duty sniper........
psu is not the problem I'll get accordingly (to whatever gpu I get).

So that means I can get any high performance gpu available with the equipment I described here?

Yes, sort of...
There is always a limiting factor in games.
Usually cpu or gpu.
Since you already have the cpu, you have to go with that.

Multiplayer can be limiting with 4 threads if there are many participants.
At one time a decent rule of thumb was to budget 2x the cost of the cpu for the gpu.

Do not dismiss the importance of the psu.
the 3000 series cards can have higher power peak demands.
Buy only a quality psu, I suggest at least 650w.
Look for a unit with a 7 to 10 year warranty.

Jul 11, 2022
Thank you so much.
Everything was very helpful.
I will go with the

gpu: Gainward Ghost LHR GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GDDR6
psu:Raidmax Cobra RX-700AC-B 80

please do not hesitate to tell me if you have any other advice

thank you so much

Thank you so much.
Everything was very helpful.
I will go with the

gpu: Gainward Ghost LHR GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB GDDR6
psu:Raidmax Cobra RX-700AC-B 80

please do not hesitate to tell me if you have any other advice

thank you so much
I do not know about the quality of that raidmax psu.
It seems to only have a 2 year warranty.
A quality unit will have a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Can you supply a link as to where you might buy a psu?
Good units might be seasonic focus or corsair rm.

Jul 11, 2022
I do not know about the quality of that raidmax psu.
It seems to only have a 2 year warranty.
A quality unit will have a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Can you supply a link as to where you might buy a psu?
Good units might be seasonic focus or corsair rm.

Usually I buy on amazon, but since I am not in the states now and not even can buy much here in Argentina I have to make a trip to Paraguay which since to have very comparative prices and stock.

https://nissei.com/ar/placa-de-vide...x-3060-12-gb-gddr6-ne63060019k9-190au-2?qty=1