Status
Not open for further replies.

Buylaptop

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Hello

I do aplogise if my previous post was not clear or explicit enough

following your suggestion I will do my best to make it better Thank you

I have just changed my mind I will go for a desktop PC, since I don't need portability, in addtion I am hoping to get a better perfomance with a better value with a tower PC rather than a laptop

My budget is from £1.000 to £1.500 (british pound) I could spend even more if it worhtwile
My primary tasks I will be performing with this notebook are:
Surfing and studying on the internet
Buying and sometimes sell on ebay or Amazon
Dowload of simple free softwers for maintenance like: Avira, Ccleaner, spyboot seasch and destroy; any other free software like openoffice, adob reader...
Use of Autocad and Cad/cam grafic softwares for my job
Write documents

I realized that a 15inches screen laptop gives me backpain after long hours due to the bad posture, with my new tower PC I want to get at least a 20 inches screen

I do have a laptop Pavilion dv5 for 7 years, I bought it brend new for about 1.000 euros in a store in italy

It is still a good laptop for me and I want to keep it

I did attach a chart about: “More details about my computer” with my score perfomance (please see my attachment below)

I want to improve this scores with my new computer as much as possible within my buget I put above.
I am sure that some stuff I have here, on my current laptop, I have never used, and I don't need it, so I would like to eliminate this stuff on my new PC it will just put the price up
Such as:

Gaming graphics
1790 MB Total available graphics memory
I don't do any games at all

There might be some more stuff I could eliminate but I don't know them, please following my main use I have described above, suggest what i could eliminate.

Surfing the internet is definitely my main use of my current laptop, where I live now the connection is not very good, and my landlord won't upgrade it, however we have 3 different routers and one works always better than the others

My new PC needs to be able to find the better connection on its own, if this is possible, and needs to be able to surf even in a condition of poor connection

It is so annoing to have interner connection on your PC that it is running slow, sometimes I have to restart SRWare Iron or Internet Explorer to pen a webpage, I know it depens on my current system and there might be something wrong like virus.

By the way, I don't want to deal with viruses, my new PC must deal with viruses on his own.

I never had problems to run my Autocad and Cam softwares, probably because I always had quite powerful computers, instead, as I have just mentioned, I start to get problems when I connect it to internet

I hope I have provided some more information now, however I am always happy to provide more details

Thank you very much indeed in advance for your support

More details about my computer

Component Base score 4.9

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
Subscore 6,1

Memory (RAM) 4,00 GB
Subscore 6,1

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Subscore 4,9

Gaming graphic: 1790 MB Total available graphics memory
Subscore 6,2

Primary hard disk 182GB Free (289GB Total)
Subscore 5,5

Windows 7 Ultimate

System  

Manufacturer
Hewlett-Packard

Model
HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC

Total amount of system memory
4,00 GB RAM

System type
32-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 2

64-bit capable Yes

Storage  

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB

Disk partition (C:) 182 GB Free (289 GB Total)

Disk partition (D:) 2 GB Free (9 GB Total)

Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics  

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Total available graphics memory 1790 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1278 MB

Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.1100

Primary monitor resolution 1280x800

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network  

Network Adapter
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Network Adapter
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN

Network Adapter
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Network Adapter
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Notes  

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.

Caution: Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment, your system drive may have slower response times under some workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and the amount of memory available. If your experience is satisfactory, no action is needed.

Solution
From your first sentence I believe you are now considering buying a desktop. From your quote of prices in pounds I think you may be in England. if so, I would recommend looking at this site for advice:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/8067/best-desktop-pc-2015-tower-mini-and-all-in-one-picks

I find the site to be very helpful. These desktop recommendations are not helpful for me in the U.S because many of these are brands that we do not have here, but I find their advice to be very good for products that are sold worldwide and in England.

Texan_100

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2012
From your first sentence I believe you are now considering buying a desktop. From your quote of prices in pounds I think you may be in England. if so, I would recommend looking at this site for advice:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/8067/best-desktop-pc-2015-tower-mini-and-all-in-one-picks

I find the site to be very helpful. These desktop recommendations are not helpful for me in the U.S because many of these are brands that we do not have here, but I find their advice to be very good for products that are sold worldwide and in England.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.