Advice Upgrading PC

Xbmitchx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
So, I'll have the chance here soon to upgrade my PC that i got like 2 years ago. Would just like advice by people who probably know better than me what is the best upgrades available without spending a fortune. Mainly want to upgrade my RAM and graphics card. Possibly Processor.

Current PC specs, or closest too what i could find them on PCpartpicker:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zFvP4C

Any help appreciated!

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
There is no upgrade for that. The CPU is as big as I'd ever think about putting in that board, the gpu could be upgraded a bit but nothing major or the CPU would just hold it back. Unless you're willing to spend around $600-650 you can't do much other than upgrade your gpu to something like a 1050ti

Xbmitchx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Ummm unsure of exact budget to be truthful. What i meant as far not spending a fortune is like somebody recommending a 1080 Ti or something crazy like that haha. I could probably spend around $600 for sure. Maybe more like i said not 100% sure of the budget i'll have. Just looking for suggestions. If i need to upgrade my CPU to get a worthwhile upgrade then so be it.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-D3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.87 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card ($219.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $593.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-04 06:47 EDT-0400

Would be a massive improvement over your current build.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3931vs1555

Cpu improvement

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-AMD-R9-270/3646vs3149

Gpu improvement

Cpu will be upgradeable till likely 2020 with that board. May want to add more ram down the line potentially

Xbmitchx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Recommendations to more than 8GB of RAM? Big issue with my build now for what I want to upgrade for is to play the game Ark: Survival Evovled, currently with 8GB of RAM have to run the game in low memory mode. and Would it really be necessary to get a new power supply as ive already got a 600W power supply thats still going strong as far as i can tell. If you recommend that I just scrap everything i have and go with all new I will cuz thats not a bad price as compared to what i got this PC for granted i didnt build this myself was a deal through CyberPowerPC on tigerdirect but yea lol. Would likely just put all the new components into this case i have tho. Also will any wires needed to connect things come with the products or will i have to get those separate?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
That psu isn't very good and the one I listed is actually really good and cheap right now. Definitely could reuse the case and even the hard drive if you wish. Could use that savings to either upgrade to a 1400 for the CPU, a 1060 6gb, it gets 16gb ram if you wish. Remember ryzen likes fast ram, and get a 2*8gb kit not a 4*4gb if you want to go that route. You can reuse the psu if you wish I'm not sure I'd do it personally but it's unlikely to explode tomorrow or anything

Xbmitchx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Hmm ok thanks. And i dont think thats the exact power supply ive got. I just looked inside the window to see what i had. Saw the wattage nd went with that. Didnt wanna mess with opening it up nd stuff to look closer since its early in the morning here lol. But thank you for the advice :D

tubagznyven

Distinguished

well if u want better PSU go for seasonic G550,superflower leadex gold 550 or corsair RM550x

Xbmitchx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015

Prolly gunna hold off on a new PSU since i have a sufficient one that is still working well.

Latest posts