Question Advice wanted on picking new laptop.

Jan 4, 2023
1. What is your budget? $2000-2500CAD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17, 16, 15

3. What screen resolution do you want? NA need enlarged text to see anything anyway

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? NA use it mostly plugged in

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? ARK 2 on medium, Planet Zoo medium(or a least with out lag)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Basic functions email, browsing etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Minimum 1T

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Lenovo Legion 5i 82RB00DNCC

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-55-70N1

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-78CT

ASUS TUF Dash F15 TUF517ZM-DB71-CA

ASUS ROG GU603ZM

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 7 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? nope

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prefer ASUS but open to other brands, Must be Intel

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Current laptop is a 2015 ASUS ROG G752VL 1T SSD RAM 16GBS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (2GB GDDR5)

Any suggestions or options welcome

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Laptop
You mean you'd like a portable laptop or would this be a laptop that would replace a desktop(essentially being sedentary throughout it's useful life)?

Apparently this would wash the other laptops away in terms of build quality;
https://shop.asus.com/ca-en/90nr0911-m001a0-gu603zm.html
though the Acer's would be a more value for money kind of deal considering you get the same hardware internally as you do on the Asus one you've narrowed down but the exterior would be lackluster. The Lenovo URL doesn't work for me but I did locate this using the SKU you'd provided prior;
https://www.costco.ca/lenovo-legion-5i-82rb00dncc-gaming-laptop,-i7-12700h.product.4000067185.html
^ Is that it?
All laptops that you've narrowed down are good contenders for a purchase, though would you want to add additional storage internally to either of your laptops down the road?

Jan 4, 2023
laptop as I'm disable and unable to sit at a desk to use a desktop comfortably. Unless I can get a desktop with portable screen that i can use on my lap.

I'm leaning towards the ASUS GU603ZM but it will need to come back in-stock but I'm not in a rush currently.

yes that was the Lenovo I was looking at.

Would love more storage but its not needed as i have external hdds. The 1TB is mostly just game files i currently have a 1TB and have 222GBs free.