[SOLVED] Advice wanted

Sep 17, 2019
70368575_507898083307234_1587666585458311168_n.jpg

First of all hello there kind stranger :) Hope your days are going good and your weather is better than the stroppy weather here in New Zealand!

Okay so i was just wanting some insight on a couple things related to my PC. I have just finished building my very first gaming rig yesterday and i am still buzzing out of my mind over it. My main question was that I was wanting to add some LED strips and rgb fans to it but was wondering about my PSU being able to handle the strips being added. This is a link to the LED strips i am purchasing later on https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product...e-pro-led-lighting-customization-kit/27836882 and this is for the fans https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/antec-prizm-120mm-rgb-pwm-case-fan/30461206

And my computer components are a Silent series 600 case i think it was, Cooler Master MWE BRONZE 550W 80Plus Bronze PSU, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz DDR4, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 6GB and a ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming ATX Motherboard.

I have semi researched these parts and purchased them after seeing some decent reviews. I have also downloaded the nvidia experience for my GPU drives but was wondering should i do anything else. Like do i need to update my mobo or ram? Or is it all good to run as it is. So far i have managed max settings on LoL and Skyrim so thats a good enough sign for me but was wanting a third party input. Was thinking of adding two RGB fans into this build somewhere cos i am scared it might overheat. Is that overkill? This is mainly because i see my GPU fans not spinning sometimes and thats freaking me out.

Sorry for the rambling but any advice or help is much appreciated!

Solution
A 550W will have plenty of power for adding some lighting. So long as you aren't trying to light up an RGB Christmas tree with it while playing games. A few fans and a lighting strip or two will be absolutely no problem.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
70368575_507898083307234_1587666585458311168_n.jpg

First of all hello there kind stranger :) Hope your days are going good and your weather is better than the stroppy weather here in New Zealand!

Okay so i was just wanting some insight on a couple things related to my PC. I have just finished building my very first gaming rig yesterday and i am still buzzing out of my mind over it. My main question was that I was wanting to add some LED strips and rgb fans to it but was wondering about my PSU being able to handle the strips being added. This is a link to the LED strips i am purchasing later on https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product...e-pro-led-lighting-customization-kit/27836882 and this is for the fans https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/antec-prizm-120mm-rgb-pwm-case-fan/30461206

And my computer components are a Silent series 600 case i think it was, Cooler Master MWE BRONZE 550W 80Plus Bronze PSU, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz DDR4, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 6GB and a ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming ATX Motherboard.

I have semi researched these parts and purchased them after seeing some decent reviews. I have also downloaded the nvidia experience for my GPU drives but was wondering should i do anything else. Like do i need to update my mobo or ram? Or is it all good to run as it is. So far i have managed max settings on LoL and Skyrim so thats a good enough sign for me but was wanting a third party input. Was thinking of adding two RGB fans into this build somewhere cos i am scared it might overheat. Is that overkill? This is mainly because i see my GPU fans not spinning sometimes and thats freaking me out.

Sorry for the rambling but any advice or help is much appreciated!

Greetings and welcome! What part on NZ are you from? I used to live in Amberley Beach just north a bit of Christchurch. :) Damn hard to get Murry Ball's work here States Side without paying an arm & a leg. Sure miss living there.. Me step-mums a Kiwi, though I'm a yank. :)

Anyways, great choice on the 2700X and the 1660 is a great card. As for the PSU, I'm going to defer to a resident expert that'll be along shortly to answer if it'll have enough power though I'll hazard a pre-guess and say it'll be fine judging from previous posts here.

Reactions: Honeyman
Sep 17, 2019
Greetings and welcome! What part on NZ are you from? I used to live in Amberley Beach just north a bit of Christchurch. :) Damn hard to get Murry Ball's work here States Side without paying an arm & a leg. Sure miss living there.. Me step-mums a Kiwi, though I'm a yank. :)

Anyways, great choice on the 2700X and the 1660 is a great card. As for the PSU, I'm going to defer to a resident expert that'll be along shortly to answer if it'll have enough power though I'll hazard a pre-guess and say it'll be fine judging from previous posts here.

I was born in the north island close to the top in a place called Kaitaia! Damn Christchurch aye i was there when the mosque shooting happened. Was just down the road and could hear the whole thing! Very scary, sad and unfortunate thing that happened.

Thank you kind person i was worried my CPU wasn't good enough for the system lol Yea i was confidently told by the people at pb tech that my card was decent and they tried suggesting even to get the 1660 ti? tho was outside of my budget unfortunately.

Sep 17, 2019
just a heads up watch out for might ape stuff costs so much more from them lol

Yea i have started to notice that some prices are way more than other places. Like i thought i was getting a nice deal buying their primate subscription for my CPU as it would change it from $500 to $399 but after further investigation i found that it is the usual price around other stores.