Advice: Which way should I go?

Jan 27, 2021
Hello everyone!
I am in my last year of high school and I am soon going to college. I am really good at math and I like it. I am not going to the gymnasium but technical high school.
Throughout my life I always liked doing something on the computer, playing games, picking around PC and when I got a little bit older I tried to make a game with unity-I never finished it, but I liked doing all that stuff. I had a YouTube channel where I created videos for a small community on YouTube. After some time later I tried doing some 3D animations in Cinema4D. I think that I subconsciously wanted to try new things connected on a PC as more as possible. I assume this because I am not someone who is settled down with something, I always want something more, I want to improve.
The thing is, I don't know if it will be a good choice for me in the future (will I be good at it aka am I created for programming or something like that). I am not thinking about doing strictly programming but maybe something else, software related...
I will have to bring my decision really soon. Did anyone have any similar problem? Can anyone give me any advice?

Hello everyone!
I am in my last year of high school and I am soon going to college. I am really good at math and I like it. I am not going to the gymnasium but technical high school.
Throughout my life I always liked doing something on the computer, playing games, picking around PC and when I got a little bit older I tried to make a game with unity-I never finished it, but I liked doing all that stuff. I had a YouTube channel where I created videos for a small community on YouTube. After some time later I tried doing some 3D animations in Cinema4D. I think that I subconsciously wanted to try new things connected on a PC as more as possible. I assume this because I am not someone who is settled down with something, I always want something more, I want to improve.
The thing is, I don't know if it will be a good choice for me in the future (will I be good at it aka am I created for programming or something like that). I am not thinking about doing strictly programming but maybe something else, software related...
I will have to bring my decision really soon. Did anyone have any similar problem? Can anyone give me any advice?
Hello my friend

It seems you are finding your way to computers with or without school :)

i'd say to pick a direction that you are motivated for, you will seek out pc stuff regardless
most IT ppl are self thaught anyway, and you can always follow modules on any given pc subject, these may also grant you certificates

Also even if you have an IT degree, it spoils quite fast (that does NOT mean it's useless)

For example, What is relevant now in IT will not be so relevant in 10 years
an IT education can give you a good basis, but TBH certificates and self learning get you furthest

tl:dr: don't worry too much :) follow what motivates you and keep on experimenting, you are on the right track

Last edited: