Advice with Internet Problemns and Internet Adapter

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello everyone,

once again i come here looking for some advice due an internet issue.

What happened:

basicaly, i have a desktop PC (using a direct connection with lan cable from the modem) that i use for gaming and work, it have almost 4 years, and it never had any kind of connectivity issue, until this year, around january it started to have a delay identifying the network after loading the OS, sometimes it didnt have the delay. but yesterday it just didnt connect anymore, it just try and then said "unable to identify".

What i tried:

1. i used my phone data and gathered wifi to transmit internet to my pc and worked throught a USB cable

2. i used the lan cable that i use for my pc with another divice and it connected (so the cable is fine)

3. i did the tcp/ip reset... the ip reset... unistalling the drivers.... updating the drivers... asigning a new VPN manualy... asigning a new IP manualy... and all the fixes that i found around the internet and nothing worked... (almost 4 hours trying to fix the problem throught the OS)

4. i restarted the moden and the PC several times, and the same issue… mean while the router was transmiting a good and stable wifi connection.

What i have:

-windows home 10
-SSD
-the lan connection from the motherboard
-Internet speed of 60mbps

My conclution:

im not sure but i asume that im having a hardware issue… if that the case i found this 4 LAN adapters, since giving internet with my pone worked (this list comes from the only provider in my town, so that's all that are avaibeable in my country):

(my question is... from all these adapters... which one will do the job? i already spent my budget in a car situation, so i am a little short, ill probably end up buying the cheapest, but i might buy the best option in like 2 weeks if its necesary, depending on your advice)

1. VCOM Adapter USB 2.0 a Ethernet RJ-45 =8.40$

2.Network adapter USB 10/100Mbps - USB a RJ-45=12.60$

3.TRENDnet TU3-ETG - Adapter USB 3.0 a Gigabit 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45=19.90$

4.Linksys Network Adapter USB 10/100Mbps - USB 3.0 a RJ-45=24.90$

If you know a solution that will help me to avoid spending money, please let me know.

i believe that this is more than enough info about my situation, if you need extra please ask me, and i will try to answer as soon as posible.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERS ME HELP WITH THIS SITUATION.

Solution
Sounds like the NIC is having issues. Do you have an extra PCI slot? PCI NICs aren't very expensive.

I would avoid usb if you can. If you do decide to go usb make sure the usb port is 3.0. the older ones won't be able to keep up.

You can test your current NIC in another environment by booting a live version of Ubuntu.
Sounds like the NIC is having issues. Do you have an extra PCI slot? PCI NICs aren't very expensive.

I would avoid usb if you can. If you do decide to go usb make sure the usb port is 3.0. the older ones won't be able to keep up.

You can test your current NIC in another environment by booting a live version of Ubuntu.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS