[SOLVED] Recommendations for gaming headphones with good bass ?

Qxx1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
I am looking to get a new pair of headphones for gaming purposes.
I tried the Steelseries Arctis Prime but I ended up returning them after 2 weeks or so. They were nice but lacked the bass; Bass was there when explosion happens but vanishes real fast and there is no rumble or thunder that falls down gradually, it just happens and its gone....not sure if I am able to explain nicely. I did not use any EQ application or DAC.

I am using in-ear JBL Synchros S200 In-Ear Headphones with third-party cushioned tips which enhance the bass and overall sound as they also provide some level of sound isolation but of course they cannot be compared to Arctis as both are completely different category.

I looked many youtube videos but mostly are paid promotions or a mixed review. I dont want wireless or RGB or fake 7.1 surround etc. There are many options available (Razer, SteelSeries, HyperX Corsair, Philips , Sennheiser etc ) but just confused and don't want to buy and return again..

I can even go with the in-ear headphones which have better sound then what I am currently using.
I will be mainly using them for gaming (not a hardcore gamer though) and use my MDR1000X for music. Also I rarely play long hours but still would like leather cups if possible. My budget is <180 CAD

Any suggestions are welcome.

Solution
They don’t really sound good well when connected to PC..
My mobo is old and doesn’t support new Bluetooth (gigabyte z170N gaming 5 ) and there is little lag even when watching movies and substantial lag in FPS gaming.
Using 3.5 mm cable also doesn’t give good volume. The audio seems very low quality. I tried fiddling with windows sound settings but nothing made it better. Or Maybe they run on power from the cable when connected and it’s not enough to power those magnets to full potential..
Maybe some tuning software is needed but I have not tried tuning them while connected to PC

They sound great when connected with phones for music (iOS and Android )

As above from sizzling, try using an external DAC/AMP or maybe just with an...

Qxx1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
My mobo is old and doesn’t support new Bluetooth (gigabyte z170N gaming 5 ) and there is little lag even when watching movies and substantial lag in FPS gaming.
Using 3.5 mm cable also doesn’t give good volume. The audio seems very low quality. I tried fiddling with windows sound settings but nothing made it better. Or Maybe they run on power from the cable when connected and it’s not enough to power those magnets to full potential..
Maybe some tuning software is needed but I have not tried tuning them while connected to PC

Seem like using those headphones with a good DAC would achieve what you want. You know you like them when driven by something better than you motherboard audio.

As above from sizzling, try using an external DAC/AMP or maybe just with an AMP. It seems you are into audio anyway so if you decide you want some other headphones, the purchase is not wasted. The Sony MDR1000 are reviewed as having good sound (never tried them myself but from reading things they are better than many others in that range of wireless ANC headphones), so should be OK with maybe a bit of a power boost.

I use the FX-Audio DAC-X6, it's a great unit for cheap (if you don't need a mic input).

Solution